Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my Sadie dog - 8/7/92 - 10/9/09

Play hard at the bridge Sadie, it sounds like you had a wonderful like on this earth and now it will continue at the bridge.

I am so sorry for your loss, you did the right thing she had a long wonderful life with you and when the time came you did the right thing for her.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

RIP poor Sadie. You can tell how much dogs change in such a little time by looking at her pictures. (3/4 - 14) It's so sad that their life is so short compared to ours... rest in peace pretty girl.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

I am still thinking of you and Sadie...
    But, I am very glad that my Sadie girl was able to reming you of yours..

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Jenn, I'm so sorry to hear about Sadie.

RIP sweet girl. You will be missed.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Today I had Sadie's funeral. It was very nice and I'm glad I did it. The crematory was like a small funeral home and the viewing was the same as human funerals I have been to just on a smaller scale. One of the women at the place read a couple of poems, one being Rainbow Bridge. I did get to see Sadie and touch her, my choice. I was thankful to be able to be with her one last time after having a little over a week to adjust to the fact that Sadie is no longer with me.

I also chose to witness the cremation when she went in and came out. The way it was set up I watched through a window. I wasn't sure I would want to watch but I felt I had to see Sadie all the way through. She's use to me always being there for her and while I liked and trusted the place I still wanted to be sure they took good care of Sadie.

While today may have been my last chance to see Sadie I did at least get to bring home her ashes. I got an urn and a necklace, so now she will be able to go to work and everywhere else with me. Well, not swimming or in water but that is ok she never really liked baths or swimming.

Rest in peace my sweet Sadie. I love you and miss you so much. I miss the days when you followed me everywhere and demanded belly scratches but I know that even when you were alive these last couple of years you did not have the strength or energy to follow me and by the end you couldn't do anything fun anymore. I wish you did not have to get old my sweetie and I hope that you are running free at the Bridge.

Godspeed, sweet Sadie, look in on mom from time to time.

I am so sorry for your loss. She had such a grand life with you, and will continue to live in your heart, because love never ends.

I just got Star's ashes back a couple days ago. I just sat there holding them and cried and cried. I miss her so much. I'm glad we have her ashes. Then, wherever we end up, I know I will always have her with me at home.

*Sobs* I'm just now seeing this, as well. I've always loved Sadie. Aren't those last pictures special? Duke perked up for me right before I went in at the vets. I truly believe that's their last gift to us. The pain never goes away but it does get easier, at times. I'm glad you had the ceremony for her. If you ever need anything, pm me, ok? All our RB dogs will make sure she's looked after until you meet again

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

i'm so sorry..
    may Sadie rest in peace

It is thundering here tonight and Sadie used to be so afraid. There wasn't much I could do to comfort her but apparently it comforted me knowing she was safe in the house. I am upset not being able to see her - her ashes are with me but right now that is not enough.

It takes a long time, dealing with the pain. I don't think we ever get over missing them, but the pain will lesson. When my Mandy died, oh how for over a month, I wanted her back, didn't think I could go on. But I did. To this day years later, never a day goes by I don't think of her, or speak of her, or talk to her. {{{hugs}}}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Very sad

I agree with what someone said in an earlier post... I think our pets often hold onto life just to please us. Humans will sometimes give up and just let go when they feel their time has come, but not a dog. I never knew a dog ever who went quietly and quickly. They will hang on and crawl to your side to be with you. Sometimes the most humane (although difficult) thing to do is help them along the way in their final days - just to put them out of their suffering. I hope that you are at peace. I know Sadie is!!!

RIP Sadie.

I am very sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry for not seeing this sooner. I know that pain and I'm so sorry you're having to go through it. Sadie was so, so lucky to have you as a mommy. She was so special and you loved her so much. Like Dukedogsmom said, the pain never goes away but it does get easier. I still cry over Grahams loss, and that was 3 years ago.

Sadie is in a good place and will always be with you in spirit. You did good with her.

Hugs to you and the family.

Thank you everyone for all your good thoughts. It has been a month without Sadie but it doesn't seem that long. I am feeling less guilty and I guess closer to a more accepting stage of grief. Not that I'm ok with her going, I think the life expectancy of dogs is too short, but I accept that it was her time and I had no control over that. I have a couple of books on pet loss that help me recognize all the feelings I have plus coming here helps to know I'm not the only one to have gone through this.

I still have her bed out and actually that doesn't bother me - it's the stuff that is hidden or that I stumble upon unexpectedly that can catch me off guard and upset me. I'll be packing up some of her stuff soon but her bed will stay out for a while. I'm not going to rush myself.

I'm so sorry you lost Sadie. She was very old. You were lucky to have her for as long as you did. Lots of dogs don't live to be that old You can tell by the pics how much she had aged. Made me think of my collie. The last picture I took of her looked so different from all the rest. You could just tell how tired she was.
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*