Thread: Please Meet Daisy....PICS

Please Meet Daisy....PICS

This is Daisy. Our new foster pup. Daisy is about 4 or 5 yrs old and she is a Yorkie....or at least I think she is!! I can never tell Yorkies and Silkys apart!!

She came to us from Bolingbrook Animal Control where they found her as a stray. She had to have been somebody’s pet, as she LOVES attention and made herself comfy on Dave’s pillow. She will be crated at night and while we are gone, as we are not sure exactly how she is with cats yet. I will say this….she is a talker!! I have never heard a dog so small with SO much to say!!

Daisy is quite the character. She does not mind our dogs, Scruff and Piglet, and surprisingly, they are VERY good with her! Even Butch likes her! The cats, on the other hand, are not sure really what to make of her. She seemed okay with cats at first, but around 9:30pm, she gave a good chase to one and kind of went at the cage where two are housed. We will be keeping a close eye on her, as we did not see exactly how it started. But she really likes Dave, me, and the kids!!! So, that's a big plus!!

Daisy will be going to the vet on Monday afternoon for vaccines and a heartworm test. We will schedule her spay while we are there. Tuesday, Daisy will go to get groomed. We have never had a need for a groomer before, but now we are on the hunt for an inexpensive, but good groomer. Suggestions welcome! We are looking for somewhere in the Oak Lawn, IL areal. Daisy also needs a really good dental cleaning which will be done next week as well. I think they are bothering her, as she tried nibbling hard food, but was not doing so well. So, I opened up a can of Innova dog food and she went NUTS at the sound of the can opening! I am guessing she was fed soft food....hence the poor teeth. She gobbled up two small cans and a couple of treats later on.

Well, without further ado......

Daisy......

Daisy in BBAC....they called her Tiffany...that SO had to be changed. No offense to the name....it just did not fit her.

"Pick me up..PWWWEEEEAAASSE!!"

Look, I'll even dance for you!"

And now she is begging!!!

This is what Daisy kept doing until I picked her up!!!

Now she is barking at me! She is too crazy! LOL!!

Finally mellowed out....but it did not last long! She is going to need somebody that can hold her, and love her, and cuddle her, etc,etc!! She is a PURE lap dog!

That's all....I will update more next week after her vet appointment and grooming!!

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Daisy's a cutie! Can't wait to see what she looks like under all that hair!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

aww. she's adorable!

That is a lot of hair. Lol I'm glad she gets along with your gang. Hopefully she'll get a good home because she's good with other dogs
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

She is so cute!!!! I can't wait to see her after the groomer.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

My next-door neighbor has a Yorkie puppy, who is extremely "chatty". From what I have learned from other PTers, that is part of their breed. I'm hoping he'll grow out of it, but I'm not optimistic. He's so adorable, though, I can't hold it against him for even a second

Can't wait to see what Daisy looks like after a bit of a trim! Good on ya for rescuing her!
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 10-11-2009 at 11:20 AM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

aww she's very cute. Wish i was closer, i'd give her a hair cut