Thread: What breed do you think???

What breed do you think???

We got a puppy at the SPCA.. she was about 6 weeks old and weighed just over 3 lbs. She was a stray with her mom and sibs. The mom looked like a spaniel mutt. One of the pups looked like a jack russell. Everyone assumes she has some chihuahua since we live in California. She is built like an Italian Greyhound. Very long thin legs. Full grown now, she weighs 8 lbs.... so what do you think she is?

Goodness, what a cute mystery mix - hmm, tail of a beagle, legs of an Italian Greyhound for sure, some spaniel for the curve in her nose ... I'd rule out whippet, which has a similar build because they are much bigger. I really don't see any chihuahua in her, but maybe some terrier - Jack Russell or other - for her coat ... such a little face ...
    I've Been Frosted

Her snout reminds me of a Japanese Chin.

Maybe pug/beagle? or chihuahua/beagle? Very cute. thanks so much for adopting!!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I forgot to add a few things... her fur is soft not wirey. She sheds like crazy. She is FAST and runs with the same stride as a greyhound. And no doggie jackets, or harnesses fit her because of the way she is built.

The spaniel would account for the softness of her fur, they are usually very soft. It's funny, her nose does look Japanese Chin-like, now that luvofallhorses posted that picture, and they have the same soft, soft fur as spaniels tend to! It looks like she has an underbite, like Chins often do ... She's a mystery pooch!
    I've Been Frosted

I'd have to agree with the spaniel-beagle-italian-jack. Didja name her Leg-sy (kinda like Lexi)? Just kidding.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Brittany spaniel

I think she looks like a Brittany Spaniel (face, nose, soft fur and coloring) and Italian Greyhound. Unusual looking (but cute) dog!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I agree there is a spaniel of some sort.. She is too small to be a Brittany tho. She is only 8 lbs and about 14 inches tall. We joke that she is the worlds first Italian Jackhuahua spaniel! Her name is Kiwi.

There's a dog at the park I frequent with my dogs who is American cocker spaniel and golden retriever mixed. He has the exact face shape (whice is also way too small on his body) and also comes with the underbite.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

What kind of dog is this?

I have a 5 month old male dog. My vet says its a german shepherd/plott hound. I am not sure what kind he is. Please help. Thank You.
    [IMG]C:\Users\judy\Desktop\2009_102820090008.JPG[/IMG]

Hi - the image needs to be on the Internet somewhere for us to see it. You can post is an attachment, or put it up someplace like Photobucket and link to it ...
    I've Been Frosted

I too see some IG and JRT. I don't see Chihuahua. Not sure what kind of spaniel, but a spaniel of some kind is very probable. She is surely a unique, but adorable lil dog.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

hello

looks like it maybe have Brittany spaniel in it maybe Chinese chin and Chihuahua