Thread: Eight years ago today

Eight years ago today

I - and we - lost Paul. Every year I try to tell myself it''s just a day like any other, but it is not.

I will always miss him, and feel sad when I do not get the websites updated daily, like I am failing his legacy here on this ol' dirt ball.

I will update the sites tomorrow, but today I am barely functional (on the inside, fine to the public) and am helping make funeral arrangements for my friend Dan, whose kitty and dog I posted about searching for.

Love you all.
    I've Been Frosted

Deepest sympathy, Karen. Hugs and purrrs to you from Pat and kitties.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thinking of you again today, Karen. Deepest sympathy.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thank you. Dan's service was Tuesday, and it went well. No music, which was weird to me, but otherwise nice.
    I've Been Frosted

5. glad it went well

Thank you.
    I've Been Frosted

I haven't been on here as a regular for years, just hop in from time to time to see the doggies and kitties etc. I was wondering why it didn't change daily as before, I had no idea you've been going through a difficult time, Karen. Times get difficult as we get older and it's now eighteen years since I joined the site. The chat isn't so busy either. I suppose that's Facebook Twitter and Telegram and video sites etc etc for you. The old style forums are sadly missed and I find myself gravitating back to them. There is a more familial feel, a slower pace and a lot less one-up-manship and nastiness. I hope you can pick yourself up, dust yourself down and carry on. Summer is coming in your neck of the woods, autumn down here in Australia and my little lawn maple is glowing reds and oranges. Soon that will be a crispy circular orange-brown carpet beneath it. I have been quite sick the last few weeks and spending time on here looking at the pets has been healing. I hope your heart heals soon too, Karen. God bless.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

Quote Originally Posted by TopCat3 View Post
    I haven't been on here as a regular for years, just hop in from time to time to see the doggies and kitties etc. I was wondering why it didn't change daily as before, I had no idea you've been going through a difficult time, Karen. Times get difficult as we get older and it's now eighteen years since I joined the site. The chat isn't so busy either. I suppose that's Facebook Twitter and Telegram and video sites etc etc for you. The old style forums are sadly missed and I find myself gravitating back to them. There is a more familial feel, a slower pace and a lot less one-up-manship and nastiness. I hope you can pick yourself up, dust yourself down and carry on. Summer is coming in your neck of the woods, autumn down here in Australia and my little lawn maple is glowing reds and oranges. Soon that will be a crispy circular orange-brown carpet beneath it. I have been quite sick the last few weeks and spending time on here looking at the pets has been healing. I hope your heart heals soon too, Karen. God bless.
    Thank you, yes, it is spring and edging toward summer here - so things on the farm are particularly busy. My heart is usually okay, but May is always difficult to get through. It's been crazy time in local politics as well, and I asked a co-worker yesterday, "How about we just skip May next year?" to which she muttered a sad chuckle.
    I've Been Frosted