View Poll Results: Do you trust all pets??

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

17 36.17%
  • Umm, no way!!

1 2.13%
  • Only sometimes, it depends..

9 19.15%
  • Most of the time, it depends..

20 42.55%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You TRUST Animals??

Do You TRUST Animals??

Hi, a couple of days ago my friends dog bit somebody, and now they have ten days to give the dog away. I wanted to sleep over her house, and my mom said "why do you want to go over there when that dog just bit someone, you can't trust all animals!". Well, I really do trust all animals, if we can trust most humans, then why can't we trust most animals? I did sleep over her house, no problem at all, he is the sweetest thing!! I was just wondering if anybody does/does not trust animals.

You can't trust all humans girl. In fact, I don't trust any human I don't know, no matter how nice they may seem. The same way, you can't trust all animals. I have full trust in my birds but I don't trust anyone else's pets until I get to know them. I don't trust most dogs because I've had many bad experiences with them. I trust most cats but not all; some scratch hard. I trust most birds but not all; some bit hard. I don't trust ANY snake, lion, tiger, wolf, or any of those hunting animals. I trust most deers, lambs, goats. I trust some horses. I trust most rabbits. But I always love animals.

I agree that you cannot trust all animals. I work for a vet and let me tell you there are a lot of animals you don't want to be sticking your fingers near. I've been bitten by a pug, lunged at by a rottie (luckily the owner had her leash on-or I'd be in the hospital), scratched I don't know how many times by cats, etc....
    I trust my own cats, I trust my friends cats but you always have to be wary of strangers animals or you could wind up getting hurt. Now that doesn't mean that you have to scared of everyone's animals, you just have to be careful.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

I agree with everyone else. I trust my animals and my friends animals. But I don't think you should trust every animal. I love dogs and I'm not afraid of them, but some dogs do bite. And some cats to scratch and bite. As much as I love animals and I know they are all great in the inside, some animals are scared or they didn't have proper handling so they can be aggressive.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I absolutely agree with Popcorn bird! You CAN'T trust all people--all you have to do is read 1 newspaper. And many animals can be unpredictable. for example, I used to babysit for some people who had a cockatiel. He was really sweet & tame to everybody...except me. I never did anything to that bird, and the first time he saw me he attacked me viciously. I don't know if it was something I was wearing, or what. Anyway, after a few years, he has kind of turned that way to everybody, except for the girl (primary owner). So, I take time in getting to know any animal, and make sure that they can smell/sniff me, before reaching a hand out.

I'm not sure how to vote on this one. I trust my dogs completly...they would never bite someone unless they were pushed beyond belief and even then I'mnot sure they would. They have been taught since we got them human skin does not go in the mouth. I can out my arm in their mouth and they will actually move away from it. My 4 year old newphew spent an evening here and a lot of that time he was right in Cincy's face yelling and waving his arms...finally she gave hima single warning bark. Did not snap, growl anything. He left her alone for awhile, but then was right back in her face, starring at her. She just lcosed her eyes and went to sleep. He then went and laid on the floor with Sadie...crawing on top of her, pulling her tail, playing with her feet. She raised her head, licked his face and laid back down. I trust my dogs COMPLETELY.
    I can't say I have this same trust for other animals. I trust them to be somewhat predicatable...I know my other dog, Oreo, does not like her feet touched. I know if I grab for them I am prob. going to get bit. I know Dazzi does not like to be startled. If I come up behind her and grab her, she is prob. going to growl at me. And I trist that other dogs may have certain things they do not like and unless I know that dog very well, I'm not going to do much more then pet it.

Well, this is a complicated answer...
    With the exception of sick or injured animals, i trust them all...to act the way i expect them to. I guess it's not a matter of trust so much as a matter of understanding.
    ~Certified Hedgie Lover~

(Well, i love all animals )

I have been told many times that I trust animals too readily. If you ever meet me in person, I can show you the scar on my face that I got when I, at the age of four, hugged a neighbor's dog. Reggie was not normally let loose. He, of course, bit me (probably in self-defense) and I was STUNNED! My parents then had to explain, through my shocked tears, that "All dogs are not 'hugging' dogs, Karen." and while I remember that admonition quite clearly, I still wanna at least pet every single one!

I know, I know, and I AM more cautious, but the impulse is always there!

I've worked with animals for 15 years or so, had 4 years of schooling in animal science and have owned may types of pets and you CANNOT trust them ALL the time. Certain animals you can learn to "read" but not all. Dogs may warn you but cats won't. You are better off always NOT trusting. Now I do not mean be afraid all of the time, but always remember that they COULD possibly turn on you at a moments notice.
    And for heavens' sake, DON'T trust all humans!!!!
    Sorry to be so harsh, but experience talks.

If you trust all humans your in for big trouble! LOL It would be nice if we could but it's just not that way. I have respect for all animals but no I sure don't trust them all. I like all animals - but some don't like me!

Originally posted by sammi
    I like all animals - but some don't like me!
    YEAH! That's the way to say it !!

Jen - I was just noticing all of your gorgeous furbabies in your signature. It looks like the orange guy and the white guy on the end could be related to my two! What a handsome group! What are all of their names?

Only some can be trusted like said above I also work in a vets office and have been bitten & scratched by a LOT of cats, some dogs, birds etc.. I do trust my animals but not others unless I get to know them. Humans on the other hand you will never get to know a human that well.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I trust my dogs. This does not mean I trust them to be around everyone, but around us. I know unless pushed to defend themselves they would not bite. They love everyone!

I do not trust all dogs.

My mom has a rottie too, named Cujo. I used to treat him the way I treat Angus. Well, he's not the same. He is an outside dog. He protects their property (he's not shown love the way Angus is). One day I kneeled down beside him & gave him a big ol' hug. Oh, he liked it enough, but didn't want me to leave & pushed me down & stood over me, looked down & growled...like don't even think about getting up. Sorry, I'm not afraid of MY rottie, but I was afraid of Cujo. My mom had to come over & get him off me. I learned my lesson, I never get down to his level. And still sometimes when he looks at me, it kinda creeps me out, but I try not to show it, so we get along fine.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I used to trust all dogs !!!
    In 1984 , I was riding with my bike in a calm neighbourhood . I passed a driveway where a man was washing his car ; his dog was sitting next to him .
    As I passed , the dog jumped up , ran after me , barking , and then with no reason , he bite me in my behind and threw me of my bike !! Luckily his owner had seen this and called his dog back . I may not think what the dog might have done next !!!
    It took 2 months before the nasty wound was healed !!! Now , 18 years later , it still hurts !!
    So now , when I see a German Shepherd , I freak out ....!