Thread: Ring tones?

Ring tones?

Hubby and I got new cell phones yesterday. They're great, except the ring tones are awful.

Anyone know where to go to get nice FREE ring tones? A safe site? I know of Myxertones.com - found a couple I liked as a joke that would get old after the 3rd call. Some of the ring tones were really bad. I mean, REALLY bad, and annoying.

I would prefer free, just a principle. Why pay for something when you can get it free somewhere, ya know? Especially since I don;t especially LOVE anything enough to seek it out. Perhaps if I really wanted a special song, but I don't. In fact, I have no idea what I want.

I don't know...I've wondered that same thing before...on my cell you can go to different things and buy ring tones, but you have to pay for it...at different places it's around $4 and on another ring tone thingy it's like $8...so yea I guess that's not what you're talkin about tho...I'm sure someone will know, goodluck
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

If your cell phone has bluetooth or a usb cable you can easily make your own ringtones from any song on your computer. I am currently using Jason Mraz' Lucky. It starts out "Can you hear me, talking to you?"
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

If it is a phone you can hook up to your computer go to http://www.makeownringtone.com/ and whatever song you like you can cut down into a ringtone. I can't wait until I get one I can do that on.. I have some I already made there but no way to get them on the phone I have...

Any song you have on your computer you can cut down into a ring tone

Ohhhh! Sirrahism.. I think the one I am fixing to get has bluetooth.. Thanks for the heads up on that.. I may be back to ask you how to do it in November!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

What kind of cell did you get by the way?????
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

The problem with making my own ring tone is the fact that I have NO IDEA what I want. None. Do I want a cat meowing? Purring? A song?

Genny, I got the Samsung Intensity.

Well, I currently have the theme to one of my favorite tv shows, and I've had it for a while now. I used to have clips of Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson yelling at each other. I used Myxer for all of them.

Niño & Eliza

I don't have any helpful sites to tell you about, but only yesterday I downloaded a new ringtone! I got an email from Cats Protection. Apparently on their phone system they have purring and meowing when they put you on hold, and they were offering the file as a download - for a cost of course, it was a fundraiser.

I couldn't resist! I had to have it.

Killearn Kitties- That sounds awesome, is it to late to get it?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

nice link Laura.. I too was wondering how to get ringtones edited..I usually record mine... I had my kids voice saying something but many times I thought he was the real kid talking so when i realized it was tghe phone haha too late for picking up..

now i have this "take me out of your pocket, I´m your cell, heeeelp, take me out!".. haha...this was intended for my mom as she never gets the phone but I kept it for myself.. now i want a song but I like most the middle part so this link was great..

as for free ringtones i have no clue and being in mexico doesn´t helps much as the ones I know of are for mexico and they do charge, hence I don´t use them lol..

I want the "I like to move it" the one featured in madagascar...
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    Killearn Kitties- That sounds awesome, is it to late to get it?
    It is on their website Laura, but I don't know if the instructions would work from outside the UK, because you have to send a text to a particular number which might not work without the correct codes from abroad. I have left an enquiry on their website anyway, and I will let you know what they say!

You can hear a sample of it here. meow

I always thought "Someone's knocking at the door" by Paul McCartney and Wings would make a good ring tone...the second line is "somebody's ringing the bell."
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Mine is the "MeowMix" one and it was free meow meow meow meow!

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahbed View Post
    Mine is the "MeowMix" one and it was free meow meow meow meow!
    Thats the one I've ha dfor two years now. I wanted something different. Sigh