Thread: Now what :(

Now what :(

Continuing on from this thread

I thought it was pretty much routine dental op, but today's vet thinks it is Aids Leukimea or something else.

It can't be Leukimea she was vaccinated every year she was an outside cat and she tested clear for aids twice as a kitten.

I am so upset, if she needs further treatment what are we going to do, we have had to take a bank loan out for today's £300 operation and we will be paying it off for months. What if we can't mix her back with our other cats or worst still she doesn't make it.

I can't stop crying, I just thought today was routine

{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}

Could it be Stomatitis? I have been through that with 4 cats. It is considered an auto-immune disease which make the vets ask about FIV/FeLV first.

I'm sorry that this is happening. It truly is a dilemma for you and I don't have an answer, only a prayer that it will prove to be something that you can manage. As Jen mentioned, if it's stomatitis, you'll know what to do and can still have your kitty w/you. Prayers going up that all will be well. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I would not believe the doctors if they say it is leucemia or FelHIV if she tested negative in the past. Sometimes they just don't know and diagnosing a cat is a lot of guesswork.
    I keep paws crossed for BamBam.

I think vets who see a younger cat with bad teeth tend to jump to the conclusion that FeLV is involved. My Bob has had dental problems all his life, and one of his past vets tested him for FeLV just because he was young with tooth trouble. No FeLV, thank goodness--just bad teeth.

Best wishes for Bramble and for you.

Thanks Ladies.

Good news the blood test for Aids and Leukimea came back clear, as did an urine test for diabeates.

The vet is very surprised she didn't test positive and has told us that she is ill, with what he is not sure of yet.

Bramble demolised the tuna in water we gave her to eat and is her normal chirpy happy self despite losing 14 teeth..ouch.

We have her in the spare room and will let her out when she want to rejoin the rest of the cat herd.

So I am very relieved to have my baby girl home with us and we'll cross any other bridges when we have to.

So sorry to hear of so much illness you wittle baby has gone thru.. So glad the test was negative & that your baby is eating & feeling better.. Get well soon wittle one.. Prayers & Huggss..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Oh i am so relieved the test results came back good for Bramble, hopefully whatever is wrong is not too major and can be fixed quickly, i know only too well how hard it is worrying about your furbabies and the cost, been there, got the T shirt lol.

Please know you are in my thoughts and if only i had a magic wand to wave over Bramble and make her well, keep us posted on her progress,positive vibes and many get well wishes for Bramble and big hugs for her meowmie too.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I suspect she will thrive now that she is at home.

Her being "ill" might be from some infection the old teeth were causing? Did the vet give you antibiotics and pain killers?

Prayers she is back to her old self soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so glad that the tests results were good. Do not worry about the loss of teeth. Our Raven had ALL her teeth removed. She thrived, enjoyed her food, and gained a pound or two!!

I'm sorry to hear that she had to have 14 removed but I'm sure that she'll start feeling much better very soon. I'm sure that she's very happy to be home and hopefully she'll now continue to remain happy and healthy.

TBH she was very shaken but acting pleased to be home from the first night.
    Today was the first time she wanted to leave the spare room. DH has been sleeping with her in there, so she wouldn't be lonely. She is sat in the garden sunning herself.

She looks very patchy, the vets shaved a couple of bits for the op etc and she was so upset she has been pulling out lumps of fur. But that has stopped and hopefully she'll grow fur back and look less patchy as time goes on. TBH I don't care as long as she feels better.

Off to gets her meds down her. Thanks for all the support this site really rocks

oh poor baby having so many teeth out, i am glad she is on the mend though, it will take some time, what kind of meds did you get given, when i had my cats teeth done and they only took three out, they give them long lasting antibiotics and pain relief via injection so that you don't have to pill them, giving them pills on a sore mouth really would be no fun for you or kitty, just wondering?

Wishing Bramble (I love that Name) a speedy painfree recovery and her meowmie stress free and money worries free times ahead., take care both of you.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

That's a lot of toofers to lose but if it makes her feel better, that's what important. I'm sure that w/lots of TLC, she'll come through it all just fine.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

A couple of years ago my Bosun had a bunch of teeth out because they were causing her no end of trouble; ever since then she's been fat and happy (well, as happy as a cat whose nickname is Grumpy Grouch can be!) Good luck with your kitty.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb