Thread: Medical Alert Dog Tag

Medical Alert Dog Tag

I had one made for Digi the other day. Its a silver bone with a Medical Symbol on the front & her 3 allergies on the back "RED MEAT, DAIRY, SHELLFISH". It looks REALLY nice! I paid just under $40CDN for it & think it was worth it. Its a strong metal, the etchings are deep & very crisp.

I got it just encase I loose her, or when shes at the vets or in an emergency someone needs to care for her cause something happened to me, they have the tag to read to see what she is allergic too.

I know its not a guarantee, but it's another step to help ensure her safety. We are going on a trip in a few weeks & we'll be in the middle of nowhere. I'm worried she might get loose & I wont be able to see her cause we'll be in the dark in a massive cornfield maze. Its soooo unlikely to happen, but just encase I wanted to cover all my bases.

Good idea. Better safe than sorry as they say.

That's a great thing for her! Another thing you could do when you are on your trip in the dark is put one of those flashy things on her collar. Then you can see her.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    That's a great thing for her! Another thing you could do when you are on your trip in the dark is put one of those flashy things on her collar. Then you can see her.
    Way ahead of ya
    But I highly doubt I'll be able to see it through all that corn. It can take an hr to go through the corn maze & its a pretty darn BIG corn field!! hehehe
    http://www.ontariomaze.com/

Digi usually wont stray far from me, but if kids chase her, who knows how far she'll run. Shes a very fast dog & can scare easily.

Speaking of scare. A neighbour on my floor accidently scared her this morning. Digi startled then did a low woof, low growl.. Digi was scared of the ladies HUGE purse!!