Thread: Think about my Bam Bam

Think about my Bam Bam

She has to go back to the vets Thursday for an dental operation.

For those who don't know her, she is a feral cat we rescued as a kitten and she always had a misaligned jaw and sticky out teeth.

She had her tongue out last night and generally looked off colour, so off to the vets we went. She has a gum infection and a half broken tooth which needs removing We are struggling to get food down her, she is on antibiotics until her op. We are maching her food and mixing it with warm food (as suggested by the vets) but no go...so any suggestions would be welcome.

We are moving her to the spare room tonight so we can tell if she eats anything at all.

Luckily she is alright in herself but I feel for her

Please pray for her on Thursday , I am so worried about her op.

Aw, no worries. Bam Bam's name is on my prayer list and I know that I can speak for all the other PTers that prayers will go up immediately that the procedure will go quickly, easily and in peace. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Poor Bramble. Tooth problems really hurt. But she'll do fine with her surgery. And then she'll feel so much better.

You may need to force feed her, or maybe there is a pain medicine that the vet can give to you for her.

Prayers for Bramble (AKA Bam Bam)

I'm sorry that Bramble is hurting. She'll feel so much better after the dental work is done. In the meantime, maybe she'd be willing to lap up some canned food that's watered down so that it's really brothy.

Hugs and prayers for your little one. Try some chicken baby food (without onion or garlic); she can lap that up.

I am sure she will feel MUCH better after her surgery! Bless you for loving and caring for her.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm sorry to hear this. Bramble is in my thoughts and prayers.

I rescued a cat that had awful teeth and mouth problems, and he was SO MUCH HAPPIER after treatment! Your brambles will love you for helping them, not long to go now anyway as for the food, perhaps even just gravy? it's easy enough to lap up and is better than nothing - plus most cats LOVE it!

Oh poor Bramble. Giving her mashed up food is he only thing you can do - and warming it a bit will also help. How about some chicken broth, or the gelé there are in some canned foods. Fister always licks that off first. As long as she gets the nutrition, she'll be fine.

Hang in there until thursday, Bramble! I'm sending lots of good thoughts.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Even though you kitty is feeling bad now, she will feel like a new cat when she gets her teeth fixed!!! Our Riley had dental work done in August, and he was put on a pain med. If your girl goes on a pain med, get ready for DILATED pupils for a few days!!! Prayers for you girl...

I'll be thinking about Bam Bam hope her surgery goes well.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)