Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Dad ... he's gone.

Thank you everyone. I am overwhelmed by the replies. Your support is reassuring and calming to me. Everything will be ok.
    I will show this to my mother when I see her. I spoke to her this morning and she is doing relatively well. She told me about all the people that came to visit with her. My brothers are being very strong for thier young age.
    I feel guilty that I had him for 11 years more than them.

I will miss him so much.
    My dad, Carlo, was a great man. He was loved by everyone who met him. He was such a generous and caring soul. He'd never turn his back to anyone.

When us kids were little, he'd bring us "na bella cosa" every evening. Either a candy or a small toy. He never said no to anything... except to dating before we were 18 :O.

When I lived in Italy, our home was/is close to several US Military bases. Every Sunday, and sometimes during the week, he would bring home a 'stray' military person and have them over for dinner. This was especially true during the holidays. He just couldn't bear the thought of someone spending a holiday alone.

I love you daddy. I will have so many stories to tell Laura about you. I will make sure she knew who you were.

We are still going to visit. Laura will definately be a distraction. It's hard to think about death when there is a new life around. I will help my mom.
    We will help eachother. We will see what will be next for our family.

Thank you again.

So Sorry

So sorry to hear of your Dad's passing,not easy losing a father you have had for your entire life,I still miss Dad even though it has been 2 and a half years,it will get better over time and you will feel better.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Carmen, bless you for posting. {{{{{MORE HUGS}}}}}

Your Dad sounds like a fabulous person. He is missed by all. I am so happy that Laura will know her Grandfather. I am still keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers for the difficult days ahead. I pray that God will give all of you the strength you need to get through them.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I'm so sorry to hear that your dad has left this world. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to have this happen, especially at a time of joy in welcoming a new life into your family. At the same time, it truly shows the reality of life. One day we're born, we live, we die. None of us will be here forever, and though it is so hard on the loved ones left behind, it also reminds us that one day, we too will be leaving this world.

My condolences are with you and your family. Laura will definitely grow up knowing her grandpa through your stories of him. I myself grew up with tremendous love for my paternal grandfather and maternal grandmother, both of whom I never had the opportunity to meet, but through my parents' loving stories of them. May Laura be a source of comfort for you and your family at this difficult time, and may the memories of your father bring you smiles through the tears, and help your hearts heal with time.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family...