Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Clara's Thread!

Happy Birthday, Clara!
    I've Been Frosted

Happy Birthday Clara!
    Laura turned 1 about 3 weeks ago. Time flies doesn't it Kari?
    How are all the other new moms?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLARA!!!!! Have a great birthday party, sweetie!!

Carmen, Laura is adorable!!! Love that dark hair. I hope she had a great July 29th birthday!!! Great to see you here!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!!!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Happy birthday, Clara!! I hope we get to see some birthday pictures!!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I hadn't read this thread after posting that it was her birthday! I see some folks would like to see some photos. Now that I know how to post from facebook, I'm going to share some from the albums there, for those that aren't on facebook and would like to see!

Our one and only professional family portrait...taken in June...Clara was ten months old.

Shoe shopping in June...those are the first pair of shoes she regularly wears

Taken in July...those two teeth make for the cutest smile ever

August 21, 2010...Clara's ONE! This is my brother, James, with Clara in her birthday dress

Mmmm...her birthday cake

September...getting two top teeth

The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Studio Images

And, David just bought me a studio set up for the house...I really need to start making some money to help out, but we both want me to be able to continue to stay home with Clara. So, we're hoping that I can make a little with photography. Here are some of the practice shots I've taken of Clara with the new backgrounds and lighting.

And, my husband and Finn for good measure

The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Of course we love the Clara pictures, but that last one of Finn is such a handsome shot! We're kinda used to him looking more goofy than stately!
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks for sharing your pictures! Clara is such a lovely little girl. I like how you captured different expressions on the last set up pictures- Clara looks like a happy baby! Good luck on your new venture.

Clara is such a cute little girl!
    Happy Belated Birthday to her!!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Awwww Clara is sooo cute!!!! Already 1 year...wow! Time is flying by so fast, isn't it? I can't believe how quickly our little ones are growing up!! All of the babies are so adorable!!!

My baby turned 9 months just 3 days ago. He has two teeth (which he got at 7 months), crawls all over the house, tries to hold every other thing and pulls up (which means I have to keep a CONSTANT eye on him!). He calls me "ma ma ma", says "mummm" when he wants food, calls his daddy "a-ba ba ba", calls the birdies "buh", and just babbles a lot. He has captured our hearts completely, and we just adore our sweet little boy. His smile and laugh makes my heart melt every time! He is just so precious. I still breastfeed him, and he is eating many things now. He eats all sorts of fruits, veggies, rice, barley, oats, some chicken, but he is not very fond of it, and yogurt (which he loves with fruit). I can't believe how much I LOVE being a mom.

Its funny how while we are supposed to teach our children everything, in the process, they also teach us so much. I truly feel they teach us what life is all about, and they fill that part of our hearts that we never knew was missing before they came into our world.

Popcornbird, I totally agree. They definitely teach us a lot, daily! I just weaned Clara this month. She is drinking cow's milk from a sippy cup 100% of the time. Sometimes I miss the breastfeeding, but it's nice that David can feed her now. Yeah, time flies! She's 13 months now! Crazy!

I like ALL the pictures of Clara, but especially the one in her car seat with the pink cup and her "toothy" smile! Belated Happy First Birthday, Clara! And I am totally with Karen on the last picture of Finn - very stately! Best wishes for your new business!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

What a cutie! It's true that they are growing so fast. But the nice thing is that they are interesting at any age. Valentine will be 3 in a month, and I like every step. When they are babies it's a very special time, but as they grow I find it even more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia59 View Post
    What a cutie! It's true that they are growing so fast. But the nice thing is that they are interesting at any age. Valentine will be 3 in a month, and I like every step. When they are babies it's a very special time, but as they grow I find it even more interesting
    Absolutely agree 100%! I rarely, if ever, say anything like "I can't wait for her to start..." because I am just enjoying day to day! Every single experience has been amazing. I know she will talk when it's time, walk when it's time, potty train when it's time, etc.