Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Clara's Thread!

Awww, you guys look great! That last picture is too cute! And it's great that Finn loves his new little sister.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    It's a big day for my family! I officially am a stay-at-home mom! I told my boss at Sprouts that I'd not be returning. He was not surprised, and actually really happy for me, although he is sad to see me go. He and I both know that the chance of me returning to Sprouts when I do start working again (maybe once Clara's a year old or so) is very high, I love the company.

Anyway...that's my news for the day!

Clara is really fun, she's starting to really focus on things and follow them with her eyes. She will turn her head when she hears voices. RIght now, she's napping in the swing, listening to the sound of whales underwater. She's so wonderful. I wish I could freeze her! haha, but still see her grow...and freeze her every year...so I could have multiple versions of her! Wow, as cool as that sounds, I think I'd go crazy because I have a feeling I'd freeze her every few months and end up with hundreds of Claras at varying ages.

Sorry, that was really random. I just swell up with pride and absolutely feel like I'm going to burst...I am so happy that I felt that way immediately with her. I'd heard many stories of moms not bonding right away, and although that's not terrible, I wanted to feel powerfully right away.

I hope everyone's in love with someone this way at least once in their life.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    It's a big day for my family! I officially am a stay-at-home mom! I told my boss at Sprouts that I'd not be returning. He was not surprised, and actually really happy for me, although he is sad to see me go. He and I both know that the chance of me returning to Sprouts when I do start working again (maybe once Clara's a year old or so) is very high, I love the company.

Anyway...that's my news for the day!

Clara is really fun, she's starting to really focus on things and follow them with her eyes. She will turn her head when she hears voices. RIght now, she's napping in the swing, listening to the sound of whales underwater. She's so wonderful. I wish I could freeze her! haha, but still see her grow...and freeze her every year...so I could have multiple versions of her! Wow, as cool as that sounds, I think I'd go crazy because I have a feeling I'd freeze her every few months and end up with hundreds of Claras at varying ages.

Sorry, that was really random. I just swell up with pride and absolutely feel like I'm going to burst...I am so happy that I felt that way immediately with her. I'd heard many stories of moms not bonding right away, and although that's not terrible, I wanted to feel powerfully right away.

What an absolutely beautiful post!
    Clara is a very lucky little girl.

Now I know what it is too...

Carmen and Gini...
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Oh, she's so beautiful. I'm glad you're enjoying your little baby so much!

That is so sweet. Clara really is a lucky baby.

I would suggest you print that off and let Clara read it in about 14-15 years.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Clara's a month old, now! Time is flying, but I am trying not to take one moment for granted. She's so lovely, even when she's fussy. She's getting better about having her diapers, changed, she doesn't shriek every time. She still hates spitting up, especially if it comes out of her nose, poor thing. When it does, though, I take advantage of it and suction her nose. She REALLY hates that! But, the spit up softens up any boogers she might have. Is that TMI?

I just have to say that, for the record, I LOVE my cloth diapers. They are so easy and I don't feel guilty for filling up a trash can every day with nasty disposable diapers. It's unbelievable the amount of waste produced by those things, and the ones we use when we do use disposables are tiny! I can't imagine when she's bigger and wearing bigger diapers and making bigger messes. Ugh, so much trash.

I just bought reusable wipes yesterday, and am going to start using them as soon as they're dry. We'll see if I like them as much as I like the diapers. I'm even using the cloth diapers when we run errands, too, which I originally hadn't thought I'd do.

Things are great, I just got the thumbs up from my doctor on Thursday, so I'm free and clear to do everything I want and need to do. I still am not going to vacuum, it's crazy how much you really use your abdominal muscles with that chore!

I have some photos, just gotta get them on the computer!

Today was a great day! Good feedings, good naps! David tried to introduce her to a bottle, and that didn't go too well. It wasn't terrible, she did manage to drink about half an ounce. We'll try again tomorrow or maybe even tonight.

She originally wasn't taking to her bouncer or the swing, but she's been better in both the last week. A couple days ago, she sat in the bouncer for about five minutes just looking around and making noise. Today, while I made dinner, she sat in it for about fifteen to twenty minutes! It was very cool!

She's napping in Dad's arms right now, so I have a few minutes of baby free time.

a cute pic this one is.. contrats on your belated month old Clara!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Clara is six weeks old today! She continues to be a joy! Her vocalizations amaze me! She's got so many different sounds that she makes, and many of them bring tears to my eyes, they're so sweet! Of course, many of them bring tears to my eyes because they're awful, too. She really has a set of lungs and definitely exercises them.

She's over 11 pounds from what I gather from the scale at home. But, I don't think she's any longer, but we'll find out on the 23rd when we go in for her two month appointment!

I do have a mild case of mastitis, it SUCKS. I am just finishing up a five day dose of antibiotics, it helped, but I don't think it's the end of the road. It's definitely uncomfortable to say the least!

Other than that, though, things are still wonderful. We don't have much of a routine, but we manage. She sleeps well at night, and I don't feel sleep deprived at all. I get out of the house with her a lot, so I'm not going stir crazy. She did drink a couple ounces from a bottle the other night, so that's promising.

October 6

I posted this in the pregnancy thread, too, but wanted to stick it in here!

Tuesday Tummy Time!

Awwwwwwwwww what a sweet & cute little girl Clara is!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Awwwww, just as I knew, Kari, you are the best mother on earth!!! I think you could go into writing immediately as well. Another one of your wonderful talents. Such a lucky little girl to have you for a Mom. Awesome!! She is just more precious every day.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Terry, you are too much! Thank you for your compliments, they always make me feel like a million bucks, even if I think you're way off sometimes, haha. I do love writing, though! I LOVED it in school. No way I can be best mom, though...my lovely mother already holds that spot. But, who knows? Maybe Clara will feel that way about me one day!