Thread: Apollo goes for his second set of Shots tonight! Pics Attached

Apollo goes for his second set of Shots tonight! Pics Attached

Apollo the little kitten we are supposed to be fostering, which is probably going to end up sticking around most likely is going to the vets today at 6 p.m. to get his second set of shots and to re-evaluate his paw.

Here is the previous link that I posted:

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=154877

Apollo has been growing up like they tend to do but not really too fast I don't think. The last time I was at the vets with Ashley I talked to the vet about his paw and she said she would think that as he gets older and the pressure builds on his joints that he may have to have his whole leg removed

We'll talk more about it this evening of course.

If we do decide that, that would be in his best interest I think we would end up doing it semi-soon probably around the time he needs to get fixed.

Overall he's getting a long with everyone in the house and testing the boundaries a bit but that's what kittens do.

Enjoy the pics!

Melissa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aug 23 2009 (16).jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	43656   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aug 15 2009 (2).jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	43657   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aug 23 2009 (5).jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	43658   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aug 23 2009 (22).jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	871.7 KB 
ID:	43659   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aug 23 2009 (31).jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	43660  

More pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aug 23 2009 (42).jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	43661   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aug 23 2009 (43).jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	43662   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	August 2009 (3).jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	43663   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mid August 2009 (2).jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	43664   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mid August 2009 (53).jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	43665  

thanks for the update, I was wondering how the little guy with the crooked leg was doing.

Back when I worked at the vet somebody abandoned a cat with a twisted front leg. He was so sweet I convinced the vet to keep him as the clinic kitty. He got around fine but started getting a callous and then a raw spot where it would rub on the floor as he abbled around (even though floor was tiled). I talked the vet into removing the leg and he healed so wonderfully that one of our clients insisted on adopting him. I'm sure ol' Gimpy is probably still scrambling around out there somewhere. [/personal flashback]

Apollo your just such a wittle Cutie Sweetie Pie.. The pics of you are just too Adorable..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

We are sorry to hear that Appolo may lose a leg!
    Thats sad news for amyone , and we send our prayers for that Dear Cat!!!
    And we pray that if that drastic step is needed that Ashley recovers quickly and finds it no handicap at all.
    And is travelling like Gimpy as fast as ever , and Our Good Lord helps Ashley out a bit!!!
    Last edited by catmandu; 09-11-2009 at 09:47 AM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh so you did get the leg removed. That's what we are worried about with him running around as much has he is now, he's getting some redness from the rubbing and I just worry about it becoming infected later on, etc.

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    thanks for the update, I was wondering how the little guy with the crooked leg was doing.

Back when I worked at the vet somebody abandoned a cat with a twisted front leg. He was so sweet I convinced the vet to keep him as the clinic kitty. He got around fine but started getting a callous and then a raw spot where it would rub on the floor as he abbled around (even though floor was tiled). I talked the vet into removing the leg and he healed so wonderfully that one of our clients insisted on adopting him. I'm sure ol' Gimpy is probably still scrambling around out there somewhere. [/personal flashback]

It's actually Apollo Ashley is the one with the peeing issue

We are not sure just yet if we are going to do anything yet, but I think the younger the better it would be for him to recover, I just feel bad because he does use his paw and it's like he's a boxer, I'll have to get video of it at somepoint and try to figure out how to load it on here.

Thank you for the prays,
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    We are sorry to hear that Ashley may lose a leg!
    Thats sad news for amyone , and we send our prayers for that Dear Cat!!!
    And we pray that if that drastic step is needed that Ashley recovers quickly and finds it no handicap at all.
    And is travelling like Gimpy as fast as ever , and Our Good Lord helps Ashley out a bit!!!

Apollo, you are one little sweetheart and just way too cute for words!

From the pictures, He really seems to be settling in very well. Do kittens come any cuter? He looks so healthy and happy! You're absolutely right, testing the limits is what kittens do. Apollo is right on time!

Could I ask you to give Apollo and his fursibs a few tons of lovies and scritchies from me?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Well Apollo weighs 2.70 lbs! He received his second shot and the vet said that we should just keep an eye on his paw and we'll see what happens. We are not going to make an harsh decision or rush into anything just yet and he is using his paw so he may just stay that way.

We noticed that he only has 4 nails on his bent paw so at least I won't need to worry about the 5th nail.

I'll have to attach some pictures that we just recently took of him.

Momcat - we gave him little hugs for you

Melissa

I am sorry that I mixed up the names , but I am old!
    We are sorry that Your Little Orange Gem may have to go through this.
    All the Orange Angels will be with Appolo all the way to help you both through that ordeal!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

He sure is a cutie pie. Hopefully he won't have to have his leg amputated. I had a feeling that he would probably end up being adopted by you.

It's no biggie with as many as I have my mom can't even keep their name straight and sometimes I mix them up. I usually only mix up the boys names. I hope he won't have to go through the surgery part but we'll do what's best for him and for now he's using it just fine and there is no pain so that's good

Thank you Orange Angels

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    I am sorry that I mixed up the names , but I am old!
    We are sorry that Your Little Orange Gem may have to go through this.
    All the Orange Angels will be with Appolo all the way to help you both through that ordeal!!

What a cutie pie he is.... it would be far to easy to fall in love with that little boy!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!