Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Casey - 1996 ~ 2009

Casey - 1996 ~ 2009

At about 9:35 a.m. this morning Casey went to the Rainbow Bridge.

Casey had a happy and long life. She was my best friend for many years. Although she was fairly healthy at her annual check-up in May, she became very ill in the last month and her health deteriorated quickly. I will truly miss her but I know I did the right thing this morning. Dr. Knoebel at Loyalsock Animal Hospital was wonderful. He really is a very caring doctor. I stayed with Casey while Dr. K. gave her the injection. She peacefully went to sleep and I kissed her good-bye.

I am very happy for the 13 years I had with her. She will be dearly missed and never forgotten.[/CENTER]
    Last edited by happylabs; 08-09-2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: My photo disappeared. :(

I am so sorry. I am in tears for you. But yes, you did the right thing.

RIP Casey
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Rest in peace, beautiful Casey. You Labby smile brought sunshine into your family's world for a long time, and we are sure the many smiles and laughter you gave them will stay with them forever, as will the love, and the little yellow hairs that manage to longer everywhere.
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, I am so very sorry.
    {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I'm so sorry - I just don't know what to say. When I saw Casey's name in the Memorial, I burst out with "Oh no"! I was so hoping it wasn't your Casey.

I've been reading how she wasn't doing well lately, but I was hoping it was just a bump in the road, and she would bounce back. She was fortunate to live such a long and healthy life for a big girl, and I know your loving care was instrumental. Bless you for making her days on Earth so joyful and full of fun.

RIP sweet Casey. Run carefree and happy at RB.

You will be missed.............
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I'm very sorry. Casey was a beautiful girl and you must have so many wonderful memories of her. I'm sure she will be missed terribly. {hugs}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

When I saw Casey's name in the memorial thread, I did the exact thing that pomtzu did- "Oh, no, not Casey".

I really am truly sorry to hear about your dear Labby girl's passing. It breaks my heart, knowing that I, too, have an older Labby girl.

I don't know WHAT I am going to do, or how I am going to cope without my childhood friend, my Sadie May. We've been buddies since I was 6 years old, I'm 19 now.

If you need to talk, please don't hesitate to PM me, I would be more than happy to share stories, and comfort you through this very sad, and difficult time.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I did the same thing the others did. I am so sorry. What an gorgeous girl she was. She looks as sweet as she was beautiful. I know your heart is breaking. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Rest In Peace Casey Play hard at the bridge sweetheart.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your kinds words. I feel very confident in my decision today. The past two weeks Casey has been on boiled meat and plain rice or pasta. This morning she couldn't even keep a few bites of boiled chicken down. She has had much difficulty on the steps and because she hadn't been eating much was getting weak. She hadn't even been interested in eating her biscuits for about the last week. I will say she didn't really get to the point of suffering but she was on the edge and I really couldn't bear to see her suffer. Yesterday I took her to my parents who are in their 80's. I am glad they got to see her one last time. She normally would have been excited to get into the car and go for a ride but she really was not up for it much. However, she did wag her tail a bit when she saw them.

I will also say that this was the most humane thing I could have ever done for her. When I took her to my vet this morning, they put an IV in her leg and brought her back to me in the exam room. They brought a blanket and she laid down on the floor. The vet and I sat with her on the floor and talked a bit and watched her. She was at peace before he even gave her the 2shots. I truly think she knew it was her time. He first gave her a shot to calm her but she really didn't need it. I think that is just routine. We talked to her and petted her and then he gave her the medicine to put her to sleep. He left the room and I said good-bye to her. It was very peaceful for her and I am so thankful I have such a good doctor.

I am happy for the 13 years I had with her. She was a dog that was full of life in her younger years. As I waited at the vet's office this morning I had thoughts of her running at the Rainbow Bridge with my other 3 Labs, Maggie, Jasper and Herbert T. I just imagine there is a huge meadow with as many frisbees as they want. They are all running together, jumping and happy like they were all pups again.

Thank you all so much for this wonderful board. I am so happy I have some special friends here who can relate to this.

Bless you all,

Helen

Poor baby. She was a gorgeous lab. She's up there with my Dear Honda now.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

I am so sorry to hear about Casey.
    Rest in Peace Sweet Casey
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Very sorry for your loss.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I'm so sorry - I just don't know what to say. When I saw Casey's name in the Memorial, I burst out with "Oh no"!
    I did the exact same thing. Happylabs, my sympathy to you (((HUGS))),
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I am so sorry. (((Hugs))) Even when we know it's best for them,
    it still breaks our heart to let them go. Rest In Peace Casey.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm so sorry to hear about your lovely Casey.
    She was a beautiful dog and will be very sadly missed, but not forgotten.