I just recently adopted a new little kitty cat named Pip. He was found in the parking lot by a co-worker of my mom's who took care of him and gave him shots. She already has four cats with three foster kitties so we adopted him.

He's a really lovable cat, never goes to the bathroom anywhere other than his litter box, very very tidy, and just so sweet. Problem is, since he was rescued, he does have some very odd behavior. For one, he can't stand closed doors. Even if he knows it's just a closet door, he will meow like crazy. And he doesn't seem to come out from under the bed very often. And he only eats at night... and meows at night. He also is terrified of any movement. Like if I reach for something too fast, he's back under the bed. And he won't play. We've previously had a cat who died of FIV (RIP Abien) who was loads of fun and my parents are also comparing Pip to him.

I'm just wondering if this behavior is only temporary or what, because I'm getting ready to go off to college in a year or so, and I'm the only one the cat gets along with. My parents aren't cat people, so I'm worried that unless Pip shapes up his behavior and stops his midnight meowing, they're going to end up giving him away.