Thread: Pet Birthdays...What do you do?

Pet Birthdays...What do you do?

So, since this is a big week for Casey...she will be 13 on Friday...I am thinking on what I will do to celebrate.

One year I made her a ground turkey meatloaf cake with mashed poatoes for icing. Two years ago she had a party in the living room with the cats. See link.

http://www.geocities.com/happycat_bu...irthday11.html

What does everyone here do for their pets on their birthdays?

I am trying to think of something creative.

It is Bob's 11th birthday next Monday - 20th - and I'll do what I always do, though nothing creative I'm afraid, give him a cheeseburger & then an ice cream. Good for him? No, but he enjoys and after all it's only once a year.

Saw this thread and had to respond since we have a special celebration for the whole flock. We don't know when anyone's actual hatchday is so we take January 1 and make it annual Bird Appreciation Day. We have been doing this for 4 years now. I invite my family and any friends that would like to participate so that everyone can interact with the birds. We have dinner, the birds get birdie bread and some new piece of equipment (large playstand, play gym, swing for the bird room) or toys for all. It's a blast.

When we got nOOdles last year in August, we traced his hatchday back to May 15 or so. This year we had a Birdday party for him and a friend's parrot, Knuckles the African Grey. I invited several bird friends that I met on the Bird Channel who live close enough to come over (we met Knuckles and her mom there too!) and we had lunch and pastries; the birds had birdie bread and everyone got presents. We had such a good time - I was exhausted by the time everyone left. I posted the pictures on Facebook and all the non-bird folks thought we were crazy! They don't know what they missed!

Cathy
    Last edited by Catherinedana; 09-01-2009 at 01:36 PM.

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

We've had several parties, went on long walks with the birthday boy/girl, went to the ice cream shop, to the pet store for some goodies. Just lots of differnt things.
    I'm sure whatever you do Casey will love it

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I try and do something special for the dogs on their birthday. They usually get a big raw meaty bone to chew on and an extra long walk. Idk when exactly Chloe's birthday is. Beanie's birthday is celebrated on the day we adopted him.(Feb 18th) He'll be 12 next year!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

They get some special food,treats,and usually a new bed,toy or something like that.Zippy turns 10 next month
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Sasha got a few bites off a chocolate cupcake for her 15th birthday and a new collar as well as several rounds of happy birthday throughout the day.

The kitties got renditions of happy birthday as well, no cake, but a few extra whiskas temptations.

Chance got happy birthdays and two new toys.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21