Thread: Delilah has a new home

Delilah has a new home

I am sad to tell everyone, that we had to find a new home for Delilah, Samson's sister. We brought Delilah home on November 1, 2008, after she was rescued from a farm. Delilah has never settled in with the Clan, and lately had been returning to very feral behavior. She is in a wonderful place, the vet tech that rescued her, is now her new Mom. We think Delilah will be happier there, where she will be the QUEEN, as an only cat....I tried to upload a photo of her, but it would not work....Godspeed dear Delilah, I miss you little face when I go into the cat room....Laura will keep us posted on how she is doing.....Sandra

Sonetines Sandra, a Cat who is feral will just not fit in at all.
    I had to relocate Two Ctas , Roscoe the Orange Cat because he has no litter box skills.
    And Smoke who was big and mean and drew blood when the Found Cats came near her.
    We pray that Delilah will be at home where she will have a Guardian all to herself!
    You gave her a good try out, thats all we Cat Lovers can do!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Some cats just work out & some dont.. Glad she is in a better place & will be happy.. Good for you for seeing this & letting her go..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Sometimes it's necessary, Sandra, to rehome a cat. It isn't as though you turned her out on the street. Delilah is going to be living w/a vet tech, so you know she's going to be getting good care and lots of love.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Thanks all for your support! We did try Bach Flower Remedies, homeopathy, and a medication to help Delilah....Laura sent me an email. Delilah is under the bed, and did NOT eatthis morning.....Laura asked Delilah to please use the litterbox, scope out the house, and she what she could do about the mice that is very comfortable in the house!!!

Cassie stayed under my sofa for the first two days she was home. My sister lifted it up so I could check on her - and she peed on the carpet, poor widdle one. She didn't even come out to use the litter box till I was not home on the third day.

Big prayers for Delilah to adjust to her new home as an "only" kitty.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Another message from Laura. Delilah heard the sound of canned food on the dish, and out she came!!! Both Laura and I know it takes time to adjust to a new place!!!

You did what you could, obviously, to try to socialize her into your household. It wasn't right after almost a year - you did the right thing and she'll be much better off for it. Bless you for trying, and for realizing you had to do what was best for her.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I'm sorry to know Delilah had to go, but it's great to know she has a new home where she'll be only child and get all the love she deserves, hopefully she'll adjust soon.

My best wishes for her and big hugs to you
    astrid

Hugs to you, Sandra. You did what is best for Delilah, and sometimes that hurts. She is in a nice place, and safe. Her future still looks bright. Good job, you did for her what she needed!

Love the updates, the one about the canned food, lol. She may not like feline company, but she knows she has it good, loving that smelly canned stuff! Bet she'll do fine, takes time.

Sandra, you are to be commended for putting Delilah's needs as the top priority. You did what had to be done to ensure her happiness. Sounds like the adjustment is going well and she's going to be just fine.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I'm glad to hear that Delilah found a wonderful home

Sometimes things just don't work out but it sounds like she is going to be just fine.

Melissa