Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2009 - 2010

Hockey 2009 - 2010

It may be hot and humid, but it's time to start thinking about hockey again.

I can't believe the Wings did this -

The Detroit Red Wings added some size and veteran presence up front by agreeing on a one-year contract with former Red Wing Todd Bertuzzi.

The veteran forward needs to pass a standard physical to make the deal official.

The Grand Rapids Press, The Detroit Free Press and MLive.com claim the team was offering a one-year, $1.5 million contract.

Bertuzzi, 34, scored 15 goals and 29 assists in 66 games with the Calgary Flames last season. He played in eight games with the Red Wings in 2006-07, scoring two goals and four points and tallied three goals and seven points in 16 playoff games.

I haven't stopped thinking about hockey since it ended.... there is no other sport worth watching....

And ha ha ha Detroit took stupid Boo-tuzzi off our hands...

*Thanks Ashley*

It was a fun hockey season in Chicago in 2008-9, even though the Hawks got eliminated. I think the outdoor game at Wrigley on New Year's Day was what got people charged up about hockey again. I hope hockey will keep going strong this season even though we won't have that outdoor game again.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm so glad I live within spittin distance of Canada.

CBC's Hockey Night in Canada will hit the airwaves for its 57th season on Oct. 1.

CBC unveiled its 76-game regular-season broadcast schedule for the 2009-10 NHL season on Wednesday, headlined by 25 all-Canadian matchups.

Hockey Night in Canada makes its debut on the first day of the NHL season with an Original Six matchup between the Montreal Canadiens in Toronto to face the Maple Leafs (CBC, CBCSports.ca 7 p.m. ET) followed by the Calgary Flames hosting the Vancouver Canucks (CBC, CBCSports.ca 10 p.m. ET).

The first Saturday broadcast, on Oct. 3, features four games: Toronto at Washington, Montreal at Buffalo, Ottawa at the New York Rangers, and Calgary at Edmonton.

Sidney Crosby and the 2009 Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh Penguins make their first of four appearances on Hockey Night in Canada on Oct. 10 when they face off against the Maple Leafs in Toronto.

Other highlights of the broadcast schedule include:

* the 2009 Hall of Fame game (Detroit at Toronto) on Nov. 7.
    * the Canadiens' 100th anniversary game (Boston at Montreal) on Dec. 4.
    * the NHL Winter Classic from Fenway Park (Philadelphia at Boston) on New Year's Day.
    * the 10th annual Tim Hortons Hockey Day in Canada (from Stratford, Ont.) on Jan. 30.

Viewers will be able to watch all 76 games of the broadcast schedule live and on-demand at CBCSports.ca.

The Winter Classic is at Fenway this year? Cool!

They should do one from Lambeau Field.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    The Winter Classic is at Fenway this year? Cool!

They should do one from Lambeau Field.
    Yes, the Winter Classic is at Fenway on January 1st. Better than any of the BCS Bowl games

And it gets better yet - one week later, on January 8th, Fenway will host a Hockey East doubleheader. Boston College and Boston University will face off in the men's game at 7:30 p.m., following a match between the Northeastern University and the University of New Hampshire women's teams at 4 p.m.

Link

Nice! I miss live hockey. I used to go to loads of RPI games when I was there; and saw a Devils game where they beat the hated Flyers!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

They're on their way

The Red Wings flight left about 9:30 this evening for Stockholm. On Friday, they will open the 2009-2010 NHL season against the St. Louis Blues.

We have 7 Swedes on our team - Andreas Lilja, Niklas Kronwall, Henrik Zetterberg, Nicklas Lidstrom, Tomas Holmstrom, Johan Franzen and Jonathan Ericsson.

A little known fact....

The first testicular guard "Cup" was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974.

It took 100 years for men to realize that the brain is also important.

Hockey for me begins on Thursday. The Flames will be at home taking on the Canucks. And I will be there to see it all live! Woohoo!!!

*Thanks Ashley*

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    A little known fact....

The first testicular guard "Cup" was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974.

It took 100 years for men to realize that the brain is also important.
    oh, really?

It took me one minute to realize that you can't skate around with a testicular guard on your head to protect yourself.

Your comments are sexist, therefore you get at two minute pass to the sin bin for Unsportsmanlike (woman) Conduct....

Go....

Do I have a choice of someone with whom to share the Sin Bin

congratulations Joe

you deserve it

and

WOOT go Habs

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Do I have a choice of someone with whom to share the Sin Bin
    Get your 'someone' to take a penalty before or after you.

Oh crap!!

DETROIT -- Bad news on the Johan Franzen injury front: The Red Wings just announced that the big forward will be out a minimum of four months after sustaining a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during Thursday's 3-2 win over Chicago.

This is the third straight season in which Franzen has injured his knee in October. But this is his most serious injury.

Franzen, whose first goal of the season proved to be the game-winner at 17:49 of the second period Thursday, is starting the first year of an 11-year, $43 million contract.