Page 1 of 98 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: We have babies!!! New baby pics #466

We have babies!!! New baby pics #466

The abandoned momma kat has had 5 beautiful bablies! They are under the old bbq grill at the house she knew as home. I did sneak a few pics this morning. Sorry they aren't too clear. I had to dodge momma kat and her claws. She doesn't like anyone near those sweeties.

Lucky for her I just got home from running an errand this morning. The owner of the house had started mowing and he was near her nest. When I told him the kittens were there, he was real nice and mowed around them so they are all still snug in their nest with momma kat guarding them.

This is the best pic. That little one is the most adventurous so far. The others are in a pile in the lower left corner.

Another pic:

One more: this one you can see several tiny ears in the kat pile.
    Last edited by momoffuzzyfaces; 10-17-2009 at 12:20 PM.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Awww!
    I see some Tortie Babies there , some Tiny Little Bits Of Fur , just a few days old.
    We pray that you can get Momma cat and Her Babies in soon.
    I bet they are going to be Heart Breakers!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Yup I do think you have got some Tortie Babies there.. How so Cute they are.. Maybe you can get momma to let you move the babies & her into the garage or house..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I hope you can get those little lovelys and their momma into a safe place soon! Thank goodness you were there when the mowing started!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

BABIES!!!

Keep a close eye on them, mama will try to move them and then you may never find them.

Catching them so they can be tamed is a priority. Do you have anyone willing to help?

I'm not sure there is any safe place for her to move them too. There is a big old empty dog house right beside the bbq grill. I thought sure she would have them in it. She seems to be determined to do it her way and I'm not one to argue with her.

I have no garage so that's out and I can't bring them inside because of Chester and Grandma. The best I can do is feed the momma and keep an eye on them. I have been giving momma kat some cat vitamins in her food every day.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

How beautiful, how sweet!

Oh, if there is only some way to keep them safe and get them tamed!

Well, here's a candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...ng&cid=8988498
    Last edited by phesina; 08-17-2009 at 06:36 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Bless you a thousand times for helping and protecting this beautiful new kitty family. Sounds like mommycat is very protective and caring of her little newborns. And thank you for feeding mommycat, she definitely needs the vitamins and nutrition so her babies can be properly fed.

The pictures are a real treat and really came out quite good. Please keep us updated on how they're doing? From the pictures it appears that their little eyes aren't open yet.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

They were born on the 13th so are just 5 days old. They should start opening their eyes around 10 days old, I think.

I was worried about all the drama from yesterday what with the yard being mowed right beside them and the thunderstorms we've been having. They are all snug like little bugs in a run this morning. Momma kat doesn't leave them for long. She may be cranky but she's a great mommy!
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Sad update

The wife of the owner of the house where the babies are is over there. They need to cut the weeds down. She loves cats too and had to move momma kat and the babies.

One of the babies is dead and two others are dying. The umbilical cord place in their tummies never healed. Their poor bellies are full of maggots.

The other two look like they healed and are ok.

Right now momma kat and the two babies are in a big metal cage. When they get done cutting the weeds. They are going to put the babies and momma kat in a big old dog house that is there. At least they will be out of the rain in it. Hopefully, momma kat will leave them there and be ok with just the two of them. I gave them an ultra soft blanket to put in for them to sleep on.

The lady and her husband will get rid of the others. I feel like such a failure.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

11. Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    I feel like such a failure.
    Oh please do not feel that way! Baby kittens are so fragile! I remember when we found two in a window well of our home in Chicago. We tried to save them but could not.

Oh, you're not a failure. The babies were born and stayed where Momma wanted them to be. Most likely if you had tried to move them, Momma would have moved them right back.

Two of them are alive, and hopefully Momma will accept living in the house where it is warm and dry.

I sure hope she leaves them in that dog house. We are to have more rain and storms tonight and until Friday. All this stupid rain is probably one of the reasons the others didn't make it.

Momma kat would not have let anyone move them before. It took two of us to get her and the two babies in the cage as it was. She's a tiger where her babies are concerned.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

You are not a failure - it's God's plan and out of our hands. You did the best you could given the circumstances, and take solace in that. You were a blessing for them.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

You did not fail them in any way. Those of us who have taken pregnant mom cats into our care have lost babies under the BEST of circumstnces. It is part of life, sad but true.

These kitties have someone looking out for them, which is better than many other mom cats out there.

We just pick ourselves up and continue to do what we can.

Prayers for mom and her 2 kids.