Thread: Austin TX: Snowshoe/Siamese, one special needs

Austin TX: Snowshoe/Siamese, one special needs

another SCAT cat, well, two this time! (look at these BEAUTIES!!!!!!!!!)

I am writing to you with the hope that you can help me. My husband and I relocated here a year ago from California. Unfortunately, we both lost our jobs in February, as the company we worked for closed. Additionally, we just had our first child a few months ago. All of this has forced us to make the difficult decision to sell our home, as we can not afford it any longer. Which brings me to why I am contacting you.

I have two cats that are brother & sister. They are 5 years old. I found them, along with their 5 siblings, when they were only one day old. The mother had either abandoned them or had been killed. At the time we were living in California and a friend of ours ran the Santa Barbara Animal Rescue. He searched the neighborhood for 8 hours looking for the mother cat. When she never returned he showed me how to bottle feed them. Given that there were seven kittens the task of feeding them consumed the whole first night. The next day, after the vet checked them out, he gave four of the kittens to another volunteer and I kept three to bottle feed. They grew up to be beautiful, loving cats. I found a home for one and kept the other two. They made the trip with us from California to Texas one year ago.

Given our current situation I am forced to find a home for my two beautiful cats. I can't even bare the thought of it, but not only are we unable to afford the cat food, we will be forced to rent when our house sells . When we made the move a year ago I would have never imaged our life would come to this. These cats have been my babies for 5 years and I need to find them a good home. I have asked family & friends with no luck. I was going to put them on Craigslist, but if someone with bad intentions ended up taking them I would never forgive myself. This is very emotional for me and the thought of it brings me to sob hysterically. I am desperate to find them a safe place to go.

I should tell you a little about them. Fiona, the female, is mostly white with a little gray and beautiful blue eyes. She has the cutest face. She is very loving and loves to sit on your lap. Whoever is sitting on the sofa can be sure to have Fiona on their lap in minutes. She was born with a growth in her bladder. After many treatments with different antibiotics, the growth disappeared. However, this left her with a very sensitive bladder. She can only eat canned CD cat foot. She can't even eat the dry CD, otherwise she gets a bladder infection. I feed the male cat the same thing so that there is no other food around for her to eat. Moko, the malecat, is white and gray. He is very exotic looking with the same blue eyes. He has never had any health problems and can eat anything. Being the boy, he likes to play a little rough sometimes. Although he is very loving also, he is a little more independent. When you do start petting him though, sometimes he will bite when you stop. He never breaks the skin...it's just a little bite to tell you he wants more. He spends a lot of his time cleaning himself and Fiona. They both have long hair, so sometimes he gets big fur balls. They are both de-clawed in the front so they can only be indoor cats.

I am sure your facility is over loaded with pets at this time due to the current state of our economy. If you are unable to help me I understand. If you could please guide me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I have attached a few pictures. I thank you for your time and apologize for the length of this email.

Sincerely,
    Cindy Acker
    512-592-0729

[email protected]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	austin3.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	163.5 KB 
ID:	43407   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	austin5.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	43408   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	austin6.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	161.8 KB 
ID:	43409  

Spay/Neuter Your Neighbors! It Can't Hurt....

MC
    Special-Needs Coordinator, Purebred Cat Breed Rescue (www.purebredcats.org)
    Team Member, SCAT (Special-Cat Action Team, too busy to do a website yet!)