Thread: OH - Dog Needs a Home ASAP Boyfriend of Owner is Kicking Poor Rex FOSTER HOME FOUND!

OH - Dog Needs a Home ASAP Boyfriend of Owner is Kicking Poor Rex FOSTER HOME FOUND!

Please cross post I can help transport! I know my mom has to have surgery next month and I'm schedule for surgery next week for myself so I'd have time this weekend to go to OHIO to get him if someone would like to foster him and take him in for a while.

Thank you all,
    Melissa

Contact Penny if you can help Rex or if pics do not come through
    [email protected]

----- Original Message -----
    To: ForTheAnimals@...
    Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 1:20 AM

I need some help in finding a home for this dog. He is being abused by the owners boyfriend. This idiot man is even hitting this woman. I would boot his butt out on the street if it were me. But...she is being stupid and won't tell him to leave. He is beating and kicking this dog for no reason. I am so upset. This is a good dog..he is good with kids ..other pets even cats...and is housebroken. I would bring him here but we are really really full here...I am doing what i can to save what i can but i need some help ...we can't take in any more. If you know anyone that would want him or even foster him please let me know.

Thank you so much
    Penny

I sent Penny some e-mails today trying to find out a little more information and here is what she said to some of my e-mails, I'm still awaiting one reply as to whether the guy who was abusing Rex is still doing it or not. Her replys are in Red and mine are in Blue.

--- On Thu, 8/13/09, Melissa wrote:

Subject: Re: Rex He is being abused by the owners boyfriend
    To: "Penny Rodgers" <[email protected]>
    Date: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 1:00 PM

Penny

Who has the dog now?

Do you?

Thanks,
    Melissa

Tracy..the owner still has him. I don't have any place to keep him...we are really full here. But can get him any time.

-- On Thu, 8/13/09, Melissa wrote:

Subject: Rex He is being abused by the owners boyfriend
    To: [email protected]
    Date: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 9:22 AM

Penny-

What type of dog is Rex?

Do you know if he is fixed or not? I might be able to see if my mom would be willing to take him in. She has 3 dogs right now but as long as he is good with other animals she might be able to take him in.

Please let me know, also I couldn't see the pictures either if you wouldn't mind sending them through.

Thanks,
    Melissa

----- Original Message -----
    To: Melissa
    Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 12:00 PM

I doubt he is neutered ...these people only spend what little money they have on themselves. My animals never do without...i would do without first. This dog is so sweet...he loves kids and other animals even cats. She used to walk past my house with him .before she got evicted...and he would play with my two dogs each time. If i had less animals i would take him myself. I am re-sending the two pix i took of him right before she moved.
    Thank you soooo much for asking your mom. I feel horrible for this dog...no animal should be abused.
    Penny

I couldn't get any of the pictures to come through but he looks like a cutie! I'll let you all know if I hear anything else
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 08-25-2009 at 07:52 AM.

--- On Thu, 8/13/09, Melissa wrote:

Date: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 3:51 PM

Penny-

Do you know if he is still getting abused??

Thanks,
    Melissa

The idiot boyfriend is still there...so..i imagine so. Poor baby. I am trying very hard to find him a home.

Has Animal Control been contacted? Or the police?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Has Animal Control been contacted? Or the police?
    I actually sent her an e-mail asking and she hasn't responded yet. This what I sent her, I sent her another one just now saying that she should really contact the Police or Animal Control because if he's doing this to Rex he will do it to another animal most likely.

Again my e-mail is in Blue and her response is in Red.

--- On Fri, 8/14/09, Melissa wrote:

Date: Friday, August 14, 2009, 11:16 AM

Penny-

Why don't we contact the Humane Society and report him.

My mom can't take him in, she has 3 right now and her budget is pretty tight.

I cross-posted everywhere I can think of. Please let me know if you find a home for him and if you need any help with transport.

melissa

I got an e-mail this morning from someone who is thinking about taking him...i sure hope they do. I will let you know how this turns out..
    Thank you so much for trying...i really do appreciate it.
    Penny

He is in a rescue place. The people there are wonderful. He will have the run on their farm till they can place him. He was severly malnutritioned ...and had every worm imaginable. She has already wormed him and last Friday he had a vet appt to get neutered and his shots but she said the vet may wait on the neuter because of his weight. I am just so glad i got to him when i did and for all the people who helped.
    Thank you so much for asking about him.
    Penny

--- On Mon, 8/24/09, Melissa wrote:

Date: Monday, August 24, 2009, 2:59 PM

Penny-

Did Rex find a place yet?

I really think the police or animal control should be called.

Melissa