Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do your cats fear thunderstorms?

Do your cats fear thunderstorms?

Just wondering because over here, a thunderstorm's just coming up, and I noticed that Lily is always running out of the room as soon as she hears the first thunder. Go figure! Lily, who does not fear anything else, is afraid of thunder, while Luna, who's usually the scared one, couldn't care less! LOL

What about your kitties?

Kirsten

Oh yes, indeed. We've been having thunderstorms this morning, and several of ours have taken refuge under the bed.

Chester was the only one I had that was terrified by them. However, since Gustav Giz and Boo now run and hide when one is coming, preferring to get in a kitchen cabinet until it is over.. They are getting better as time passes and the memory fades.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Absolutley!
    When the thunder rolls, they have to have Cat Treats!!
    I am not sure how this works, but they insist!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Well, Catmandu, they have you trained well.

Sam, who is terrified of the vets and new places, doesn't flinch about rain or storms. Spunky, loves to explore, yet runs at the first sign of a hard rain.

Spunky has me well trained, too.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Oh yes, my girlies are not too fond of thunderstorms. Fortunately they are fairly rare here.

Not at all! I am always surprised about this. When there is a thunderstorm I wonder if they will be all right, and...they just don't care!

Ming is not overly fond of them, but I wouldn't say he was terrified, either. Mac likes to sit in the window and watch the lightening. There's not much that boy is scared of, except the vacuum cleaner.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Rascal isn't afraid of anything, Thunderstorms included. Kallie can't hear storms so she is pretty content most of the time.

10. We don't even have rain....let alone thunderstorms! But I don't remember either of them being bothered by storms.

They really don't bother Groucho. Sometimes he'll curl up in his bed and go to sleep, other times he gets very snuggly.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Some of my guys get skittish when there is a big clap of thunder. You know the ones that sound like it's right over your house. Other than that, they are fine. In fact we are suppose to have a thunder storm rolling in sometime during the night. I just pray that it isn't as bad as what Toronto got today. Boy what a doozy that one was.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

We rarely have thunder here. I do remember one time though when my Storm jumped when he heard thunder. I found it funny that Storm was afraid of a storm.

Peaches is afraid of thunderstorms. But after what she has been through, I don't blame her.
    In loving memory of Tigger 2003-2009. In loving memory of Ashes 2001-2013.

[QUOTE=rg_girlca;2177606]Some of my guys get skittish when there is a big clap of thunder. You know the ones that sound like it's right over your house. Other than that, they are fine. [QUOTE]

That's Pinot - unless it sounds like it's going to hit the house, she's fine.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!