Thread: English Bulldog Aggresive

Unhappy English Bulldog Aggresive

Hi,
    I have been having troubles with my 3 moths English bulldog, His teeth are growing and I he's biting everything he find in his way.
    But that's not my main object to get worried, he bites me and my little sister who's 6 and almost all the members of my family.
    What I should do?
    Please help me I want him to be happy but I don't want to have a aggresive dog at home.

Bless you for asking for help,

At three months old your dog is doing what comes naturally - it is a puppy and it needs to investigate with it's mouth and it needs to chew!

Your family's job at this time is to make it clear what is OK to chew and what is never OK to chew. The adult dog you get will result in what you do now.

It is NEVER OK to chew humans!

A 3 month old puppy sees the humans around it as it's pack. In a natural pack any playmate that is chewed too hard will yelp and move away from the chewer and ignore the chewer for several minutes. If an adult dog is hurt by a chew from a puppy they will react in the same way without the yelp - they will simply move away and ignore. If the puppy continues to chew on that adult then body language and noise is employed to deter the puppy - it can get pretty nasty.

The best for you guys would be to get together and agree that every time the puppy puts it's mouth around any human body part the human involved does not look at the puppy. Instead make a high pitched loud noise, a short noise but loud, and go out of the room. Ignore the puppy, no matter what it does for attention. Time it. The puppy has to be away from you and relaxed for at least 3 minutes before you then call the puppy to you, ask for a sit and then give calm and short praise. Then ignore again.

VERY important is to give the puppy things he is allowed to chew.

Do not give him things like old shoes, he will not be able to tell the difference between new shoes and old shoes.

Get things from the pet store that do not make noises and are not made from dead animals (these are fine as long as you are with the puppy but not when he is on his own) and encourage him to chew on them.

I hope this helps, if not post again.

Good luck!