Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: My senior blackie Boo needs prayers;*Update 8/28*; post #123; great new update!

Blackie boo baby

Sending good thoughts to you both. Trust your insinct. I remember having a kitty going to the vet three times and he dismissed my thought it was worms. Fourth time he admited it and some powder cleared it up. You know your boy.
    Blessings,
    Claudia

I had a feeling that whatever that was wouldn't be there the next time he was checked.. GOOD for him and great that you have figured out it was the meds he was on.. I feel so good knowing he is feeling better, can leave home with a lighter heart!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I'll keep the little guy in my thoughts for sure.

More prayers and another candle for Boo! http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...ng&cid=8958201
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm glad to hear that he's doing better and that the second x-ray was normal. Hopefully it was just the meds that were doing this and now that they've been adjusted he'll remain fine. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

His appetite is better and he isn't moving so slowly but now he's vomiting at least once a day. Sigh. Honestly.

ETA: My dining room had 5 vomit piles and the stairs had 2 this morning. Plus he vomited foam this morning. This poor boy.
    Last edited by Medusa; 08-13-2009 at 09:15 AM.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Thinking of you and Boo I hope you both are feeling better soon. It's so hard when our babies aren't feeling well. Sending you good vibes and love.
    Claudia

Poor Boo. Med withdrawl because of lower dosage?

I hope it is something simple...

HUGS!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Poor Boo, Prays coming your way again. I hope it's something simple.

Poor Boo.

I don't know what to say, except prayers coming and let us know...
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Mary, I'm sorry to hear this. Could you try giving him some pepcid? I'm sure you'd want to ask your vet about it before doing so but I would think that it would help with his vomiting. I sure hope he'll start feeling better soon.

Dr. Lee said to give him Val Syrup if the vomiting continues but it has stopped, so I'll wait and if he vomits again, I'll give him a dose of it.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Hi Medusa, how is sweet Boo feeling? Prayers being prayed that he's doing much better. Please give him some comforting lovies from me?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Hi Medusa, how is sweet Boo feeling? Prayers being prayed that he's doing much better. Please give him some comforting lovies from me?
    He's just not himself. He vomited foam yesterday, no food in it at all, and that has me concerned even though he only vomited once. I'm going to call my vet in a bit; he's not in his office yet. Thank you so much for asking.

I took this pic of him this morning after you inquired about him. He wanted up on my lap while at the computer but it's as though he's too uncomfortable to sit still so he sat on the keyboard shelf. This is the way he sits most of the time, not in the praying position but on his haunches w/his head hanging down, rather like a vulture perched on a branch. You can see how thin he is, poor boy. I'm waiting for Dr. Lee to call; he isn't in the office yet.

ETA: Just got off the phone w/Dr. Lee. He wants me to stop Boo's thyroid meds altogether. He said that approximately 10% of cats have a bad reaction to it and Boo may be one of those. He did say, too, that he's still worried (his word) about Boo's stomach. He feels that he may be in pain so he's sending me some Metacam for him. If Boo doesn't improve w/in the week, he'll have to go back in for more testing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Medusa; 08-17-2009 at 08:08 AM.
    Blessings,
    Mary

I hope the changes in the meds help Boo. It's amazing how different animals react to different medications.

I will keep you & Boo in my thoughts!