Thread: Today's Q: Does your pet smell?

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!

Today's Q: Does your pet smell?

I had to put yes, because she smells good all the time, but I'm not sure that's what the question meant.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Well I think the question was meant of does your pet smell with a differant smell or a bad smell.. All of mine smell good all of the time..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

my cats themselves generally smell OK but what comes out of them isn't always easy on the nose, LOL

Each breed of birds have their own special odor (or lack thereof). My quakers smell great - kinda like corn chips or the fried Chinese noodles they give you with soup. Hence the name nOOdles for my youngest Quaker!

My Sennies, the budgies and the Sun Conure do not have strong odor - they just smell like clean feathers.

My female lovebird, Teacake, has a strong smell at certain times and not much of an odor at others. I think it may have to do with her mating cycle.

Generally, if a pet bird smells "bad", like stinky bad, it usually means there is something very wrong - perhaps infection.

I do volunteer work at a wild bird rescue and many wild birds have very definate smells. Crows smell FABULOUS! A healthy crow smells like a mixture of lemons, leather and cedar. The Roseate spoonbills also smell like this but the smell is much, much stronger and so it is not quite pleasant. A healthy pelican has a great smell, I can't explain it, and white pelicans smell nicer than brown. Ospreys stink! They smell very wild and strong and I don't like to be around the odor for any length of time. I let my mom's dog smell an osprey feather once and she backed away from it and then ran! Woodpeckers have a plastic-y wild sort of smell that is very unique to them.

I guess you all think I'm weird going around sniffing birds all day long, but I guess I use my sense of smell more than I realized. As soon as I read this question I was like, "Oh! I have so much "smell" information to share" Hee hee!

Cathy (the nose knows!!)

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

The dogs and cats all smell nice the majority of the time. Skylar just got back from getting shaved today so he is smelling especially nice.

The old rats have been smelling rather nicely lately, too. I have been having to give them baths a bit more often since they have slacked off on grooming themselves.

The ferrets have a distinct smell about them, but it is not a bad smell.

The new hamster still has a weird petstore-funk about him. Hopefully that will wear off soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Catherinedana View Post
    My quakers smell great - kinda like corn chips or the fried Chinese noodles they give you with soup.
    Donovan, my Quaker, has a great smell, too. He is my favorite bird to sniff out of my four.

Paizly smells good. The dogs did smell good a couple weeks ago after their bath. But if you look in Dog General you can see they aren't smelling so pretty anymore. I had used a mango shampoo on Taggart.
    My foster kitty, G, is not smelling too good. He's been outdoors and needs to be groomed. But I can't get him in until the 22nd.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Daisy smells pretty good most of the time. She has a very thick, coarse coat and sometimes she smells a little doggy after coming from outside. Delilah smells good all the time. I've never seen a dog like her. Completely fresh, no matter what.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Casey doesn't have any trouble smelling. It is her hearing that has gone.

I clicked "no" because I understood the poll as if it asked for a bad smell. Luna and Lily do have a scent of their own, but it's a good one, and I really love it. Luna's smelling like cinnamon most of the time, and Lily has a very fresh scent. I just love it!

Kirsten

At the moment, Flossie smells pine-fresh since she had a bath yesterday evening. She does have her own natural scent, which isn't a nasty smell but is certainly of an acquired taste! You can't really smell it unless she's right next to your face; she has sort of a musty, warm scent.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Mine all smell fine. Sam's feet sometimes smell like Dorito(sp?) chips. He does smell bad if we let him dry after a swim in the lake without rinsing him off first.

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats