Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I may have broken my foot update...I can walk again!

I may have broken my foot update...I can walk again!

I was doing some yard work and took a bad fall, I don't really know how I did it but stupid me I had my husband big slipper type shoes on and I must have tripped over the drip system or something but my foot bent really bad.

He heard me yell from inside the house, I couldn't walk and he couldn't exactly carry me so somehow I got into the house. I am using my mom's walker that I kept from when my mom passed away. I have an appointment in the morning for an xray.

Oh I forgot to mention its my gas pedal foot I am not going to work using a walker they better give me some crutches!
    Last edited by caseysmom; 08-06-2009 at 08:32 PM.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

When my sister broke her foot, they gave her a walking boot. It wasn't her driving foot though. It might be too hard to drive with one of those on for you. I sure hope you didn't do too much damage.

Thanks Moesha...me too its so frustrating just sitting on the stupid couch all day.

At least my ankle isn't involved, its the mid to top of my foot.

I have been frosted!

Oh no! I hope it's not broken.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I severely twisted my right ankle years ago and they gave me walking boot. I hated that thing!! But I hated crutches more.
    I drove with my left foot for the gas and brake. Luckily I had practiced using my left foot on the brake because I had a car before that would die if I didn't keep my left foot on the brake and my right foot on the gas while at a stop sign/light. So I learned how to use the left foot. I even sat with my right foot up on the dash. I'm sure it looked very funny, but it worked for me.

Well, I hope you didn't break anything. With it heating up the way it is that wouldn't be fun to have a cast.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

OH my gosh. I hope it's not broken. I'm sorry

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Best of luck and hope it isn't broken. been there had a crushed ankel casts and crutches arn't in any way fun

Ack, I hope it's nothing. I've never broken anything but I hope you feel better soon. Maybe it's just a sprain.

I hope it isn't broken - I twisted my foot badly one day - didn't know a bottom step was only half-height in a dark stairway - and it swelled impressively, and was quite sore, but was okay a couple days later. I hope your is similarly not too bad!
    I've Been Frosted

I hope it isn't hurt too badly. I couldn't drive for 3 weeks when my right ankle was in a cast last fall.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

OUCH!!! I hope it's not broken. I've had three foot breaks and a couple of sprains. Two of the breaks were stress fractures. The sprains were alot more painful than the breaks but they usually healed quicker. With the fractures, I was able to work and walk with a walking boot. With the sprains, I had to take off work for a week or so. I always imagined that a break would hurt worse. It all sounds backwards. Best of luck. The x-ray should show something but sometimes stress fractures are really hard to spot right away. My thoughts and prayers are going out to you.

Other people may have had opposite reactions. I'm always the weirdest person with medical situations. I am the poster child for Murphy's Law.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Yikes! I just recovered from a broken left foot. By the next morning, it turned black and I couldn't even put it down. I had a cast almost to my knee, then a walking boot. I shattered my 5th metatarsal. It was a major inconvenience, but luckily it wasn't my driving foot. Actually, strangers treated me so nicely and I got to use those electric carts at stores. Zoom! Zoom! Zoom! I hope your foot isn't broken. That would suck.

I've been Boooo'd!

Oh goodness, how painful that must be! I've never broken a bone and it's the one thing I truly dread as I get older. I hope that it isn't broken and that you'll heal quickly and easily.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post

Other people may have had opposite reactions. I'm always the weirdest person with medical situations. I am the poster child for Murphy's Law.
    I'm right there with you Terry - a sprain hurts worse than a break. I had a stress fracture in my left foot which took a while to be seen on x-ray, so after walking on it all that time, it developed into a full blown fracture. I was in a walking boot, but since I drive a stick shift car, needed both feet to drive. I had to take the boot off when I got in to drive, and I used the middle part of my foot rather than the toe area to use the clutch, and then had to put the boot back on before I got out and walked on it. It probably slowed the healing process some, but I didn't have much choice.

Hope it's not broken CM, but it really is more of an inconvenience than anything else.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

The doctor at the clinic couldn't tell for sure if it was broke or not, there was a spot on the bone he wasn't sure about.

They gave me crutches and a post op shoe to help me walk. It was worse this morning and getting to the bathroom was a major chore. It swollen real bad and a bit discolored. Either way I can't walk on it which stinks.

I will find out tomorrow if I need a cast, I sure hope not. Luckily hubby is retired and he may have to chaufeer me to work if it gets casted I don't know if I am coordinated enough to drive with my left foot

I have been frosted!