Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Addition; She's Here! ** Pictures In Post 12 **

Possible Addition; She's Here! ** Pictures In Post 12 **

We both have come to an agreement that it's time (albeit quick) to get another dog. =) We both miss our Zz but feel that a new rescue pup would be a good choice. We've gone to every shelter in our county and have been searching petfinder.com... and believe we've found the one. Introducing Mia. After meeting her, we both think she's not quite all Pit.. she must have some American Bulldog in her as well.

We met her yesterday and introduced her to Eli and after a little huffing and puffing in Petco, they decided they like each other. Eli tends to be protective of J and I so he was just a little puffy, but thats to be expected really. Pretty soon they were side by side and she was licking his chops.

The rescue group she's with requires all kinds of background and a home check, so the girl will be coming by tomorrow to check out the place and introduce her to Bunny.

Hopefully all goes well!
    Last edited by Seravieve; 08-08-2009 at 11:19 PM.

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!

Mia's really pretty! I hope all goes well!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Oh she's gorgeous!! I have a thing for pit bulls (Obviously!!) and I hope everything works out and you're able to adopt her!! I love her smile.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

can´t get any prettier..

that smile, the head tilt...wrap her to go please!

incredibly cute... best of luck in the intros...
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Ugh... The girl decided earlier today that she wouldn't be able to make it tonight. =/ That's pretty disappointing.. And we cleaned the house for her inspection! Says she'll come tomorrow. She had to call our vet today, and will be calling 3 references J put on the application.

Any one else adopted a dog from a rescue this thorough?
    Seems a little extreme. I mean, what are our three people going to say? Yep.. they love dogs. All of the waiting is putting J off. She wants her and wanted her here Saturday. She's an instant gratification kind of person. Now all this waiting is making her second guess our choice of Mia.

I'm still excited for her too, but am slightly put off by the Foster mom... Seems like she could have made these phone calls Sunday. I don't want to put off the dog because of the Foster mom's lack of consistency.

Sorry about the rescue delaying your new dog. I've had a few bad experiences with rescues, never got a dog from them. Shelters, three dogs, no problems. It seems the rescues are more strict, but then, they only want what's best for the dog. If you really want his dog, I'd give it a little more time.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Oh my. That dog can pull one epic head tilt So sweet. Good luck with getting her. She's absolutely stunning and sounds like a total sweetheart too

She's here! I'll have to work on getting some pictures. Everything's gone well so far. Just a little hackles from Eli.. cus he's Mr. Protective on occasion. Bunny has been VERY good. She's not too sure about Mia when she moves a little fast but hasn't growled or anything. (That's a LOT coming from Miss B. We consider her dog aggressive.. so yea. We introduced with B muzzled on neutral ground across the street and all was good.)

Oh my. That dog can pull one epic head tilt
    Yes! She tilts for everything too! J was humming and she did. Right and Left Right and Left. Was very cute.

Congrats!! Good to hear that things have gone well with the introduction.
    Looking forward to more photos of Mia

Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures! Remember never to leave your dogs unsupervised because her being a pit cross they are known for dog aggression so I wouldn't leave them unsupervised. I love the pitties and will have one someday rescued of course but I was just throwing that out there. There is a pit bull forum I am on too and it's very informative I will PM you the site.

Someday I'll post some pictures.. I promise.

So far, she's pretty timid. And possessive of the water bowl... Very strange. So we're working on that. She listens really well to J and I already, which is nice. She stays crated while we're not home. So no random peeing in the house.. and helps keep B and E and her separate. The poor dog lived all 9 months so far pottying on the leash... so now we put her out back and she doesnt know what to do. So we have to go out with her before she'll go.. hopefully she'll get over that soon. At least she's going outside though.

We're thinking we might rename her Thea, or Thia.. like Mia.. same sound. I seem to want to call her Maya all the time.. so we gotta change it. =)

Pictures of Mia

She's adjusting very well to our household... For the first 9.5 months of her life, she's pottied on a leash.. and she's FINALLY getting the hang of it without a leash. Sometimes we have to stand in the backyard with her, but she goes! =) It's better than on our bedroom floor!! Yuck.

We've decided she is a Pit-Dalmatian mix... could have been a Dal-mix dad.. but there's definitely some in her. She's a pretty good dog overall. She LOVES to play. Bunny and Eli are happy to have a new playmate. She does need some training and definitely needs to learn to walk on a leash properly.. but we can handle it. And she's a little toy possessive.. but it's not a huge problem.

We didn't think Bunny would be so open to a new dog, but wow, did we ever underestimate her! She gets crabby when she's had enough of Mia's antics, but otherwise, they get along great! Yay. And to think.. we were ready to give up on her the first night... Glad we decided to give this cutie a second chance.

And now.. On to the pictures!

We're still trying to come up with a new name.. But its not going very well. I wanted something that referred to her cow-look.. but that hasn't been too successful.

I just love her! I don't really see dalmatian. She looks more like an american bulldog/pit bull mix to me. We have a purebred american bulldog, Calhoun where I volunteer and she looks like her. Enjoy her. Clairice is cute for a name.

Aww she is so adorable. Bully breeds have the cutest faces
    Sascha (my friends Rottweiler) also goes by the name moo-moo so I find it really fun that you're also associating the bully look with cows, haha. And of course with this girl it's even better since she has the colours too!

We see Dal in the shape and position of her ears, and in her coat... texture wise. And in the shape of her nose. I had a Dal growing up and there are some similarities... We though Am Bulldog too at first. The original foster mom thought lab mix.. and the 2nd foster mom thought just a poorly bred pit.. Who knows... She weighs in at 60 lbs right now.. at 9.5 months, so its something big.

I like MooMoo... J just rolled her eyes at me.. lol. I suggested Milk, Jersey, Bessie... Nope. lol