Thread: I'm so proud of her

I'm so proud of her

I am just SO proud of Hannah these days. I mean... I'm always proud of her but she has really been put through the ringer these past couple months. a 5 week trip up to canada (which we drove) and then two weeks home and back on another week long trip to florida (which we also drove)

and throughout this whole thing not only has she NOT been grumpy but she has been totally sociable and happy. She has met more people in the past two months than probably in her entire life and she has not once played strange or anything. She is her usual happy outgoing self. and on top of being completely out of sorts she is still learning all kinds of new things and is saying at least one new word everyday.

But to top it ALL off.... she was stuck in a carseat for a ten hour trip to canada (20 hours total... there and back) and a 16 hour trip to Florida ( 32 hours total there and back.) of course we stopped over night during this trip to florida but that is still about 8 hours a day stuck in a car seat.... and has she complained ? not one bit. She has been perfectly content to sit in her car seat all those hours... and not many of them were spent sleeping. I think SHE has handled the drive better than we have.

I'm just so proud of her. She is such a trooper and I don't know how we got so lucky as to have such an easy going child like her. So on the way to florida she got to have a whole bowl of ice cream all on her own becuase she was so good and today she got a couple of pieces of chocolate for being so good. Gosh I love this little girl

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Hee hee - that remind me of my sister's first. Child1 was a great baby - quiet, cheerful, and calm. So good that people everywhere commented on how lucky they were. In fact, I recall my bro-in-law joking "this one's so good, if we ever have another we may be in trouble." Child2 - several years later - was difficult from pregnancy onward - my sister had a miserable pregnancy, a difficult birth that ended in a C-section, the baby refused to nurse, was loud, cranky, and altogether difficult as a baby and toddler. I'll never forget my brother-in-law looking at Kid2, at about age 3, and saying to her "It's a good thing you were kid number 2, otherwise you'd be an only child!"

Enjoy your cheerful child!
    I've Been Frosted

LLL yeah I'm kind of afraid to have a second one lol

I was the first born, my sister second, about 18 months later.

I was the placid happy baby, eating all my food (still trying to outgrow that! ).

My sister - was carrying a tune in her crib when she was 3 months old, and SCREAMED for the first 6 months of her life. She started walking at 7 months and stopped screaming. Yow.

BUT - she turned out to be a great, bright girl who couldn't walk after about age 43, and died too young.

I think you guys would have a great #2!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Your post just warms my heart. I hope you will print out what you said and put it in her baby book.

I think a lot of the credit must go to you for being such an incredible Mum!!

Quote Originally Posted by gini View Post
    Your post just warms my heart. I hope you will print out what you said and put it in her baby book.

I think a lot of the credit must go to you for being such an incredible Mum!!
    That is a very good idea.... maybe then when she is a little older and asking "Are we there yet" every ten minutes I can look back on it HAHA. But seriously... today was a very stressful trip... HORRIBLE traffic and Brian and I were getting so frazzled and hannah was still laughing away and chattering and carrying on as usual

Thank you That's very sweet of you to say.