Thread: cat puking

cat puking

Is this normal? I got a male cat named Ashes and every now and then he would get sick. The vet says that its normal, but when Tigger was alive he rarely puked for no reason. Is this really normal or should it be something that we should be worried about. He has been doing this since he is a kitten and it happens on no matter what food he is on. It is worse on wet food which we used to give out as treats for him.
    In loving memory of Tigger 2003-2009. In loving memory of Ashes 2001-2013.

It's completely normal. I have two cats. One of them pukes almost every day, the other, almost never. If your cat is eating, playing, and interacting with you, I wouldn't worry about it at all!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Does he do the "scarf and barf", i.e., he gulps his food down and then up it comes? One of my cats does that and sometimes she doesn't even leave the food dish, it comes up that fast. She'll only eat dry food, hates canned, so I scatter her food on the floor which makes her slow down and not gulp it. If that isn't the case w/your cat, though, it might be a good idea to get a second opinion. If your instincts are telling you that something is wrong, have it checked out.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

My cat, Ginger, used to do this several times a week no matter what she ate or how often or how the food was given. The vet, after checking her out several times, said he didn't know what the problem could be. She lived 22-1/2 years. As others have said, some cats just do that. She also used to breathe in a funny way, rapid and shallow, and that always worried me, but it didn't hurt her at all.

Just keep an eye on her for any other changes or problems, anything in her vomit such as blood, excessive slimyness, etc.

Ashes is being normal other then that normal. I won't worry about it now. Thanks.

Btw Ashes is a he. And with him being the only male pet in the house, he told me to let you know that Ashes is a male.
    In loving memory of Tigger 2003-2009. In loving memory of Ashes 2001-2013.