Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You know you're a true cat lover when...

When you are come home from work dead tired, and the first thing you do is drop your purse by the door and hurry into the kitchen to get the pill ready to give your precious baby boy before he realize what you are up to and hides.

OMD, this thread is soooo phunny!!!

How do I know???
    When I forego dinner because I'm so busy in the evening giving him fluids and comforting him after
    When it's so hot outside yet I let him cuddle close while I'm watching TV.
    When I watch every penny I spend on myself, yet for Max, money is no object.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

And you are dining out and purposely leave the part that your Cats would like to take home so you can give them a treat when you return.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    When you leave the furniture in a weird arrangement because it is occupied by a cat.
    LOL!!!! Loved the pic.

When you go to bed early and miss the end of your program, because they want some cuddle time.
    GILL & Crew;

When you have pictures of both your cats on your desk at work, but no pictures of your family

You tell visiting relatives to keep their feet off the furniture, yet let the cat shed all over the house?

Richard, I know that one well. One Thanksgiving we grossed some guests out when we sat a place at the table for one of the cats. Hey, he usually ate with us and he had better table manners than most of the guests!

Wow, you all took my answers! Let's see... I know I'm a true cat lover because ...

--I wear black pants to a birthday party at my brother and sister-in-law's house, yet I grab their orange tabby cat and plop him down in my lap for a snuggle;
    --I don't go on vacation anymore because I have a cat;
    --I wait to run the vacuum cleaner until the cat is in the other room;
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    You go to the store to get something for YOUR dinner and wind up spending more on cat food/litter/treats than you do for yourself.
    --Corollary to RICHARD: I go to the store for something for my dinner and come home with cat food, litter... but oops, I forgot to bring home something for dinner!
    --Second corollary to RICHARD: I order take-away from the Chinese restaurant, even though I don't really have the extra money to spend, because she likes their chicken;
    --I have a file for the cat's medical bills right behind the file for mine;
    --I search the Internet using Goodsearch to earn a few shekels for the shelter from which she was adopted;
    --This blue sweatshirt stayed in this exact spot on the floor for over two weeks because she napped daily on it. ("Wear something else, Mom! This one is mine!")
    Photobucket
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 07-18-2009 at 05:44 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

When you feed your cats before you feed yourself.
    When you stay at home for vacations because you have cats to care for.
    When you spend more money on your cats than yourself.
    When you only allow yourself a small area on your queen sized bed so that your cats can have the rest of the bed.
    When you always leave your bathroom door open so your cats can come in and visit you while you're using the toliet or taking a shower.
    When you use a door stopper on your bedroom door so your cats can come and go as they please during the night.
    When you have more pictures of your cats than you do of your family.

I'm sure there are many other things that I haven't thought of.

Auntie KAK, I forgot about always leaving the bathroom door open!

I know I am a true cat-lover because ...

my cat has her own set of dishes (dry food, water, canned food, and a special china plate used for "people" food and for holidays)
    I can quickly go through the supermarket, but a trip to Petsmart takes longer because I have to ponder her options
    she's hard to leave in the morning, but sooooo easy to come home to at the end of the day!
    My home-from-work routine: pet/snuggle cat, feed cat, check litter pan, feed meowmie
    My idea of an ideal vacation is a week at the Found CAts' Hotel
    I can relate to everything else that all the other true cat-lovers have written in this thread!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Auntie KAK, I forgot about always leaving the bathroom door open!

I know I am a true cat-lover because ...

My home-from-work routine: pet/snuggle cat, feed cat, check litter pan, feed meowmie
    That's almost mine, except mine adds "brush kitties."
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

At work the very first thing my co-workers and I talk about every morning is the cute things our kitties did the night before.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

family members ask what my cat would like for Christmas!

I open the jewelry box to take out a pin for my sweater. Let's see... silver cat pin, gold cat pin, Christmas cat pin, Valentine's Day cat pin, angel cat pin, large cat pin, small cat pin, shelter fund raiser cat pin, handmade cat pin...
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 01-14-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Five cats sitting, staring at me. Maya Linn is making it verbally known that HER stomach is growling. If I ignore her, she'll hop up on my lap and bite my nose (ever so gently, if she knows whats good for her!!) Have absolutely no food in my house (not even mayo!), and no canned cat food. Yet I still find that ONE little can of tuna in the very back of my food pantry. Guess who gets to eat tonight??? Lucky little @$$hats!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!