Thread: Lola is dying

Lola is dying

Lola my daughter's rattie girl is dying. Old age. I knew it was coming but it's never easy. Lola lives with me now and has for the past 3 months. Yesterday I picked her up before I went to work, I could tell it would not be long................. I held her and she wanted to be held and then I looked down at my uniform and there were all these little brown specks. Mites, she has mites. I have no idea where they came from. The bunnies, or hammy, cats don't have any that I can see and I looked. I had Lola outside on nice days in her cage, maybe they came from there or the bedding. I have never had mites before.
    The saddiest thing is that she wants to be held, and I have to put plastic on myself and put a washcloth around her so I don't get the mites. She is so sad looking. It just makes me cry to see her so sad with these da** mites. I thought she would be at the RB by this morning, hoping in fact............ I can't let her suffer any more. Benny has an app at 11 and I will take Lola with me and have the vet put her down and check on the mites. I have always tried to be there for my fur children when their time comes holding them and comforting them and this mite thing is keeping me from this. It is awful.
    Please say a pray for this sweet little creature. Her favorite treats were eggs, cucumbers along with corn on the cob. There must be a special place for her at the RB for she certainly deserves it.

Aww, sweet Lola, I hope you can be made more comfy, and that if this is the end, it goes peacefully.
    I've Been Frosted

I just got back from the vet. Lola didn't have mites, she had lice. They came in either the food or bedding and are pretty much species contained which means that hopefully no one else will get them. I had her put to sleep, she was suffering so, I could not stand it, I think she had had a stroke poor thing. The vet charged me $48.00 just for that. I think that was kind of a lot but who knows.
    As for Mr. Benny Rabbit....... When I got him on the vet table all he wanted to do was be held in my arms, what a cuddlier he is...LOL wasn't so when I tried to get him into the cage. He has an eye infection and was given Baytril in Banana Bread flavor. Yummo. Needs to take it for a while. The lab bill is $98.00 to do the culture. Cost for both fur babies $220.00.
    Who wants to buy me lunch?
    Now I have to replace the carpet in the living room that the cats peed on. Cleaning it did not help.
    Who wants to buy me dinner?
    Hope everyone has a blessed day.

Poor Lola, but at least her suffering now is over. Rest in peace, pretty girl.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm sorry to hear about Lola.

I really wish I could buy you lunch! I know how it feels to have pricey vet bills. My exotic vet tends to charge quite a bit for seeing my critters... I usually have to drop at least $100 per animal each visit.
    Sending good vibes for Benny for a quick recovery.

Rest easy, Lola!

I'm sorry about Lola. I hope Benny is better soon.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

aww thts soo sad i had to get my dog put down once i know how it feels