Thread: Transport: Ann Arbor to Buffalo/Rochester or part of trip?

Transport: Ann Arbor to Buffalo/Rochester or part of trip?

A woman who lives in Rochester NY is adopting a kitten from our shelter in Ann Arbor MI. We need to figure out how to get the kitty to her. The person handling the adoption on this end just sent me some of their correspondence, after I told her I might be able to locate people who do transport through a web forum I frequent.

The adopter can come to Buffalo to meet the transporter there when her schedule fits, if that helps. From the correspondence I've seen, she was hoping this could happen within the next week or so, or as soon after as we can arrange it. I might be able to do some of the transport myself, or even bring Hershey to Buffalo if I can cut across Canada.. I don't know what would be required in bringing an animal across the national borders.

If anyone out there can do any of this or knows of anyone who can or knows where else I might look for information or help, please let me know as soon as possible! Thank you!

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

We got a transport organized!

This afternoon I took Hershey to Dundee MI, where her transporter Sue picked her up to take her to her home in Toledo. Tomorrow Sue is taking Hershey and two other cats to Buffalo NY.. and she will go on with Hershey to Victor NY, where Hershey's new Mom will meet her and take Hershey home!

With gratitude and thanks to all who helped make this happen!

I lit a candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...ng&cid=8842677
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

I'm glad this has worked out. Sorry I've been so busy but anytime you need a cat to travel across pa just let me know.

Thanks
    Melissa

Gosh your making me dizzy here.. However I am glad all worked out good & the wittle one is headed to the new furrever home..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Thanks, Melissa and Helene. Yes, everything worked out just fine, and Hershey is now home with her new mama Kim in Rochester NY!
    Death thought about it.

Heck Pat I even had to go to the Global Map to see how to get from you thru Canada & to NY.. Thats what had me stumped.. Hey got it maped out now..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Helene, I thought at first of taking her all the way to Buffalo myself. I did Mapquest maps of both going through Canada and doing the all-U.S. trip. The Canada route is shorter, by about 40-50 miles.. and it goes right by Hamilton, where Gary and the Found Cats live!

Then a couple of the people who helped me when I was getting Bob came through with a ride from Toledo to Buffalo and then on to Victor, NY, near Rochester.

I took Hershey to Dundee, MI (about halfway between Ann Arbor and Toledo), where Sue, the Toledo person, met me and picked Hershey up. Then the next day she drove Hershey and two other cats to wonderful new homes in Buffalo and beyond.
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anikaca77 View Post
    I'm glad this has worked out. Sorry I've been so busy but anytime you need a cat to travel across pa just let me know.

Thanks
    Melissa
    Thank you, Melissa! I'm going to volunteer to do more transports myself. If I get wind of any going across PA, I'll let you know and, if you think you might be able to do part of one, get you in touch with the transport organizers.
    Death thought about it.