Thread: As if we didn't know this already!

As if we didn't know this already!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8147566.stm

Don Juan's 4:00 am wake-up actually consists of the "soliciting purr" plus a sandpaper-tongue facial and/or HARD headbumps!

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

That is so funny. But Taz did more than just purr while he waited for me to feed him. He would meow at the top of his lungs!!! He did purr at me while I was sleeping and would make biscuits on me or pat my face. Gosh, I miss my guy.

Luckily, Paizly is not "asking" for food yet. She'll catch on eventually, but in the meantime I have a little rest period.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Cassie has a little "Help!" sound that she makes when she wants me for something Right Now. It's short, high-pitched and loud ... and, of course, effective! It can mean anything from "Wake up and feed me" to "Get off that phone and pay attention to me".
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

If my cats just purred it wouldn't bother me at all. Sunny meows very loudly in my ear or he'll howl in the hall way and try to wake everyone up. Pearl will also go in my bathroom and start howling and then it echoes. Ziggy loves food so much that she'll start purring very loudly before I feed her. Starr used to do the same thing and he'd continue to purr while he ate. I sure do miss this.

Every cat Ive had did/does the PURRRRRRR. Erp will sit outside the door and erp if her bowl is empty.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Ed's never been a huge purr-er. He does have an escalating cry that gets very irritating, very quickly. He also uses that to get to go next door.

I quickly learned the that it's not anyone abusing my cat.

If Coco Puff wants a treat, there's no mistaking it. He sits by the treat jar and says "Hello???" until I give in. As for being my alarm clock, he's learned that biting/chewing on my acrylic nails does the trick.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I don't really know that I have experienced what they are talking about in their story. My cats all purr when they are happy if I am petting or scratching them. If they want food or water (not that their bowls are ever empty) they meow at me. Mamma has a sweet meow. Buddy has a demanding meow when he wants something. Tinky and Mack just wait for Mamma and Buddy to get me to fill the bowls.

How sweet of Don Juan to give you a facial while you are asleep! That is such an efficient use of time.

How funny!!

All my cats purr!! Yippie!!
    Inka's purr is loudest one, then Zazou, then Snoopy, then Maya. To hear Maya's you have to put your head on hers
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge