Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cooking lesson 101

Cooking lesson 101

I have been making these thing for a long time and every crew I make them for LOVE them, even claim they are addictive. Last trip, I took pictures of the process just to show you how simple cooking can be and get great results..

Items needed
    8 ounces ground sausage
    7 eggs
    1 cup shedded cheese
    1 can grand biscuits

Cook ground sausage in a skillet and drain grease off.

Crack eggs into bowl and scramble

Pour into skillet with sausage and cook

Salt and pepper when cooked and sprinkle on the cheese.

Roll out biscuits into a circle and divide egg mix into 8 parts and set in center of the rolled out biscuit

Finishing below in next post>>>>>

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Fold biscuits around the mix, sealing all edges

The last step... COOK N EAT!

Now, think about this and how many options there are in what to do with something like this.. Use roast beef and swiss cheese... Ham & Cheese... Pizza makings... Pie filling and ice them.. The possiabilities are unlimitted in what you can do with this idea... Let your imagination go wild!

End of todays lesson, class dismissed!

Teacher, teacher!!! *waves hand*
    I have a question, because when I cook (which I never do) I must follow directions to the tee!! What would the oven temp be and how long would you cook them?
    This actually looks like something I could do!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I just have to tell you... That last crew I made them for was so impressed and I know several of them are going to go home and make them. I explained how simple they are to make and all the possiabilities of what they could do with this idea and several of them left saying they ARE going to make these at home. One guy who ate them every morning came in one morning when I had the egg mix on the rolled out dough and even though I had explained how simple it was to do several times, when he saw that, his jaw dropped and he said "OH MY! That's just TO simple! Now I KNOW I can do it!

(Cooking made simple and easy)

Taz_Zoee, follow the heat directions on the can of biscuits.. Remember, everything in it is already cooked and all you are doing is cooking the bread part. You cook them until they are the color you want.. Some people like lighter cooked bread, some like darker cooked.. That is your own personal prefferance.

I also need to say, when using sliced deli meats for the center, warm it in the microwave just a little, you will need to get the water out of it or the results will be gummy..

Cool! Thanks! I think I'll try them this weekend. Ohh!! I can make them up in Tahoe next weekend too!!!
    I've never been so excited to COOK!!! LOL
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

WoW that is such a Great Recipe.. I am not too good with bisquits.. So I will just eat the Egg & Sausage.. Yum Yum

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Welcome back, Laura!

We will definitely be making this recipe when I get home on the 12th. Thanks! Keep 'em coming!
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Another mod: take the egg and sausage, put into a tortilla, add salsa, other fixin's and you have a nice breakfast burrito!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Looks real yummy, made my mouth water. And I think it's simple enough for even my son to make since he loves cooking.

I'm mad. It looks and sounds like a great recipe, now that I have started a low sugar, low cholesterol, low fat diet.
    I not been to Mexico for a couple years now, but I agree with Richard, a good street cart or hole in the wall has the best food.
    GILL & Crew;

Another mod: take the egg and sausage, put into a tortilla, add salsa, other fixin's and you have a nice breakfast burrito
    They are burned out on the burritos and the sausage egg and cheese biscuits.. Will have to come up with something else when they get burned out on these. They love the grab and run things for breakfast..

Laura, that sounds wonderful, but since I can't cook, I have some questions.
    1. That's alot of eggs for one fry pan. To get the eggs to cook all the way through do you put it under the broiler? Cooking it all on the stove top...I'd be afraid the bottom would get too brown.
    2. I've never purchased the Grands or any other biscuits. Does that one tin of biscuits contain 8?
    3. What if I wanted to make smaller ones or less of them? I live alone and 8 is too much for me to make. I would hate to freeze them.
    Just looking at the recipe I would use Hot Italian sausage and add some tobasco or cayenne pepper, red pepper and onion to the mixture before adding the eggs. As for cheese, I would probably mix strong cheddar with Jalapeno Jack?? (do you sense a pattern here?? ) Oh, what about cooking up some shredded hash browns in another pan and adding some on top of the egg mixture before rolling up?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I make a biscuit, like a drop biscuit, with cubed ham and cheddar cheese in them. They get grabbed up at faculty meetings in the AM.

It was originally from the Fraiser cookbook, but I sold it on Amazon years ago.

I see this in our future. So easy, yet so good! Thanks, Laura!