To give you a little background...my BooBoo was diagnosed with bone cancer last year. Unfortunately amputation was not an option due to the location of the cancer. I've had her on meds and doing everything I can to make her life as comfortable as possible. She was doing great for awhile but the cancer I fear has caught up to her. She is now having a hard time walking up and down the stairs of my house. It takes her a good 30 minutes for her to be able to walk down the stairs to go potty. I think she is is getting closer to rainbow bridge. Ugh..

I am fighting with my ex (we sort of share custody) about this issue. I don't want her to be in any pain. He is arguing with me that she is ok because she is sort of playful. I keep telling him that he doesn't don't know that for sure, especially with her having a very hard time walking. While she is not crying in pain she is having a hard time walking and I don't want to see her like that at all. She was at the vet last week and they increased her meds but I think that is only going to do so much.

At this point I am forced to make a very hard decision and I don't know what to do. Do I start making arrangements with my vet for Boo's rainbow bridge departure or do I wait? Both my ex and I do agree that maybe she has weeks left. I don't know what to do and I can't stop crying.