Thread: Baby Coon. :)

Baby Coon. :)

Our Animal Control officer called us today to ask if we could help find a place for a orphaned raccoon to go. It apparently fell out of a tree and was unable to be reunited with its mum. It seems to be around two weeks old and is very vocal and strong (for its age), so I think it has a fair chance at making it.

Luckily our exotic vet takes in wild animals, so it will be getting the best care possible at the clinic.

Good luck, little guy (...or girl)!

Oh how cute! Pawsitive thoughts for the little one!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Awww! When I was a kid, my (unrelated, technically) relatives in upstate NY raised two orphaned raccoons after their mother was hit by a car. They were full grown and huge by the time we were out there for our annual summer visit, and no one had told me about them yet. We were all eating dinner crowded around the table as usual when I suddenly felt a cold little hand reach into my sneaker, right under the arch of my foot. I am incredibly ticklish and froze in place, fork mid-air. Without even looking down, Uncle Charles said in a gruff voice "Mister Coon, cut it out. Git outta there!" The little hand withdrew and out from under the table waddled "Mister" and looked embarrassed at being caught! "Missy" also like to lurk under tables and untie sneaker laces while we ate!
    I've Been Frosted

So cute!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

That is just to freakin' adorable! I awwwed at all those pics, just precious I hope the little dude is able to find a life in the wild or the closest thing to it.

Oh my gosh.He is so cute.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Glad to hear I am not the only one who thought he was cute. I showed my mum the pictures and she was not very fond of its looks... nor was she fond of the thought of it in her house for a few hours!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Awww! When I was a kid, my (unrelated, technically) relatives in upstate NY raised two orphaned raccoons after their mother was hit by a car. They were full grown and huge by the time we were out there for our annual summer visit, and no one had told me about them yet. We were all eating dinner crowded around the table as usual when I suddenly felt a cold little hand reach into my sneaker, right under the arch of my foot. I am incredibly ticklish and froze in place, fork mid-air. Without even looking down, Uncle Charles said in a gruff voice "Mister Coon, cut it out. Git outta there!" The little hand withdrew and out from under the table waddled "Mister" and looked embarrassed at being caught! "Missy" also like to lurk under tables and untie sneaker laces while we ate!
    Hehe, sounds like typical raccoons to me! I love the little critters.

I couldn't help but entertain the thought of a pet raccoon... I know better, though!