Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another sick kitty

Another sick kitty

On the heels of losing Pepper, Kitten is now sick with another type of blood disorder. I took her to the vet yesterday, and they found that she did NOT have leukemia, but gave me some meds for her apetite. She is so weak that she could not hold up her head last night. The tech said that if she has any one of the 3 (long-named) cat blood diseases, that no matter what is done for her, she will not suvive. This morning nothing has changed. I am supposing that I may loose my Kitten also. Kitten is only about 11 weeks old and I have had her for about 3 weeks. She is emaciated, and very weak, her nose leather used to be pink, now it is white. They said that her body is not producing enough red blood cells.

What caused me to rescue her was her little feminine face. You have all seen pictures of kittens with very "cat-baby faces" with very feminine eyes, that is Kitten. In fact Chinadoll's cat named "Scout" looks like her. And she is so affectionate. I have been having her sleep with me for the past few nights, until yesterday, when she really began to be emaciated and weak.

.............wayne
    Last edited by wayne0214; 09-29-2002 at 03:09 PM.

Wayne

I can not express in words what I'm feeling.
    I'm so sorry for you!
    It's only a suggestion; what about have all your kitties cheked at the vet? Just to catch any illness in time.
    what kind of medecines are given to you for her?
    Even if it sound very weird can you buy or get some fresh blood, chiken blood, and fry it and try if she likes it.Blood is very good for the lack of red blood cells.Also iron (in a eatable form) which I imagine that you can find it at the chemist,at least you can here, is a med. for anemia.
    We all know how much do you love your kitties.Best of luck. I will try to have some more information if you can give to me some more details. It happens that my father is a vet even if he's not specialized in pets,he best know "animal nutricion ", he must give me some advice or at least where to find information.

Koxka. thanks for your reply. Kitten is not getting any better. that she is anemic is evedent by her licking the rust off of a iron cauldron that I burn scented candles inside of. I'm looking at the label for the meds they gave me. I do not see the name. Since I am feeding her through a syrenge into her mouth, supposing that this is the only thing that is keeping her alive. But every suceeding day, she is getting weaker. Considering all the failures I have endured for the past 2 weeks, I am resigned to believe that she will go also. They asked me to call them Monday morning for an update report. But I am supposing that they will put her to sleep because of her inability to eat anything. She will approach food as thought she wants to eat, but then after smelling or looking at it, she backs off. I am wondering if these kinds of diseases can be passed from one cat to another via flea bites.

Apparently, they gave her an antibiotic injection, also there is listed "lixotinic" -what ever that is.

.............wayne

Oh Wayne - I'm so sad to hear poor Kitten is so poorly. I'm holding her, and you, in my thoughts and I know you'll do whatever is needed for Kitten. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Lynnr

Hi Wayne, I'm not going to ask you how is Kitten.I guess there's any improvement.
    I asked to my father, well I can not explain it in english but got some URL of various Univ. of the USA where you can find the information and did some reseaches that I will send to you via PM.
    Also, did get Kitten X-ray? Just to discard there's any internal hemorrhagia that cause her loossing blood.

Have a look at Ohio Vet-University is a good site for general indoor cat care.

Best of luck for you and Kitten.

Anna

PS:Lixotinic, is an excellent vitamin supplement
    with Iron for animals recovering from illness, parasitic ...(Google sic.)

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitten. I know it's hard. I recently lost a cat, and now my other cat is sick, and I'm a little worried. I hope everything turns out well and that your cat gets better. I'll keep you and your furbaby in my thoughts and prayers.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Kitten is feeling a only little better. At least she is up and pooped on the floor, which is more than she could do last night. Koxka, you are correct about the meds they gave me. the stuff smells like rust (iron). Maybe, she will come out of it. She has started to eat some small bits of meaty cat food mixed with water to make a "soup" from it. Keep up your prayers for her. They seem to be doing something. And thanks for the technical information, I intend to copy if off.

...........wayne

Ahhh, I'm glad that Kitten is doing better!!!
    That's good news before going to bed (it's 2 AM here).Hold on it Kitten!

Yes, Scout have one of the sweetest kitty's face in the world, no wonder you fell in love wiht her.

She will be in my thoughts, meanwhile give her a warm cuddle from me.

Anna

Wayne, I'm so sorry to hear that now Kitten is very sick. I sure hope that she's able to make a full recovery. I also hope that your other cats remain healthy. All fingers and paws are crossed here and prayers are on the way. Good luck.

Wayne, sorry to hear about Kitten. I hope she is on the way up, you don't deserve any more bad news. I'll keep her in my thoughts.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Kitten appears to be doing better. She has gained a little weight, and was up and around this morning. Last night I "force fed" her with watered down meaty catfood with a syringe. I certainly hope she continues to gain weight and feels better.

.......wayne

Yay for Kitten! You can do it, honey, I know you can! She's a brave little girl. I just read this thread today, Wayne, and I'm adding my prayers to the others here that Kitten will pull through and grow up to be a healthy, happy cat! She's obviously a fighter. Go Kitten, Go!
    margaret

Saima and Miko

Wayne, I'll be following Kitten's progress closely. Please know that you and she are in our prayers.

Logan

Wayne - so pleased Kitten is rallying and trying to eat. I hope she continues making good progress - your both still in my thoughts. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Lynne

Our prayers, good wishes and positive thoughts are with you and Kitten, Wayne. So glad to hear that Kitten is taking in some food. Paw crossed for her more postive updates. Hugs to you dear Kitten. Sandra, Mr. B and Oliver

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~