Thread: HELP! tube feeding

HELP! tube feeding

All of the babies, but one are doing well with bottle feeding. He has gotten wobbly, and lethargic. I have supplies I can use for tube feeding, and know the procedure; but have never done it before. Does anyone have any tips that I might have missed online? I am hoping to bring little Job through this. Thank you.

PS. Pretty Mama has taken the babies back, but we are still supplementing with the bottle, to make it easier on Pretty Mama.
    Too many pets? What's that?

I don't want to clutter your thread but I just want to say "thank you" for making such an effort to help these babies survive. I've never done tube feeding. Bottle feeding, yes, tube feeding, no. However, PT is a wonderful place and I've learned so much here so I'm sure someone will be able to help you. You're doing a great job! Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm sorry to say Job did not make it He had been doing poorly since this morning. I had tried giving him dribbles of formula and sugar water throughout the day, and kept him on a heating pad as well. I didn't get an opportunity to try the tube feeding. He is at the Rainbow Bridge now.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that, poor li'l guy. Well, now he'll get to be a kitten and live a free and easy life. You did your best and he loves you for it. RIP, little Job.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm so sorry, little Job..your foster Meomie did the best she could, and she saved as many as she could. Godspeed to the bridge, sweetie...play well.

Was Job the wee runt that had already opened his eyes?

I am so sorry he didn't make it. But remember - if not for you, all of them would have been lost, and likely Pretty Mama too.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thank you all for your condolences Job was the little two-toned boy. Actually the runt, Runt(yes, that's his name), is a little character. We're pretty sure he's going to be a terror, once he's bigger He's the reason we had to get a taller box; he kept getting almost out of the shorter box Also, once he latches on to "his" nipple, it takes an act of congress to get him off of it. The three bigger ones are girls: Piggy(self explanitory), Uber(the blackest), Rex(shrieks)

I am so sorry about sweet little Job. He was very lucky to have such caring wonderful people look after him for the short period of time he was here. You guys are doing a phenominal job and Pretty Mama and the kittens know this. Keep up the great work! Rest in Peace little Job.
    Sincerely,
    Kat

Rest in Peace Baby, Hercules, and Sydney - If love could have saved you, you both would have lived forever!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Ghandi

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!