Thread: America's Got Talent

America's Got Talent

Is anyone watching this? I've never really watched it before, but there's really nothing else on at the moment (besides So You Think You Can Dance).

Tonight there was a guy on there and the whole thing reminded me of Susan Boyle. I mean, he didn't sing as well as her, but he sang a Garth Brooks song amazingly! His name is Kevin Skinner. I'll have to look tomorrow and see if I can find a link to his performance. Unless someone beats me to it, but I'm off to bed now.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

This?

ETA: If that is the right link I want to punch the judges and producers in thier throats.
    Last edited by blue; 07-01-2009 at 01:59 AM.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    This?

ETA: If that is the right link I want to punch the judges and producers in thier throats.
    Yes, that's the one. I'm afraid to ask why you want to punch the producers and judges.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I love this show! My husband and I watch every season (although we unfortunately had to miss last night's show). There is actually a website for the show that you can view the acts on. That's what I'll have to do when I get home from work tonight.

Judges on these talent shows are always obnoxious. . .that what's expected from them. We are just interested in seeing what's out there and what sort of "talent" folks bring to the stage. There are some really great acts. On the first season there was a guy named Cas Hailey who I loved - he came in second.

I like this better than American Idol (which I don't watch) because it's not all about the "beautiful people". It really is about talent.

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

My family watches that show and Kevin gave me goose bumps, he could win the whole thing he was great!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I love that show and really enjoyed watching last night.

I loved hearing Kevin sing!!! I liked the 14 year old girl too. They were both great!!!

They are going to rerun it tonight before the new show airs.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    I loved hearing Kevin sing!!! I liked the 14 year old girl too. They were both great!!!

They are going to rerun it tonight before the new show airs.
    That 14 year old girl (Thia Magia) is from Tracey, Ca. Which is very close to me. She was very good too! If she doesn't win this she should definitely do American Idol in two years.

I watched it last night, possibly a rerun. The one thing I noticed, and did NOT like, was the amount of time they focus on things other than the performer. I don't care about the guy standing in the wings, or what the audience is doing/not doing (a whole lot of bad behavior last night). I want to see the performers!!

Last night's show wasn't as good at the night before in my opinion. I liked the dancing dog the best.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    I watched it last night, possibly a rerun. The one thing I noticed, and did NOT like, was the amount of time they focus on things other than the performer. I don't care about the guy standing in the wings, or what the audience is doing/not doing (a whole lot of bad behavior last night). I want to see the performers!!
    I have never watched this shows past seasons. But I'm going to have to guess they cut away from the performances a lot because this is the audition rounds. I think they don't want to give the whole performance because then people would be tired of seeing it again when it comes time to vote. That's just my guess.

Well, last night was not so good either. I would have expected more talent coming out of LA.

I missed it again yesterday for the second week in a row. I like it better than "American Idol". I like how encouraging David Hasselhoff is.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

cassiesmom, you can see the full episodes on nbc.com: http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/video/episodes/

I've never watched this show before but I completely agree with Cataholic...I want to see the people performing, not the judges, not the audience! I really like the show though...some of the things people think of are just too much! Like the guy that had his big toe perform?? WHAT was he thinking??? I was dying with laughter!!!!