Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Memoriam

Hybrid View

Did anyone see the Vet who died a few days ago?

He was a pilot and had something like 59 medals awarded, he also had 5 purple hearts and was shot down 5 times. I forgot his name and I went looking for him by the medals awarded, but had no luck, his was an extraordinary story!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Did anyone see the Vet who died a few days ago?

He was a pilot and had something like 59 medals awarded, he also had 5 purple hearts and was shot down 5 times. I forgot his name and I went looking for him by the medals awarded, but had no luck, his was an extraordinary story!
    Ask, and ye shall receive - Marine Corps Capt. Kenneth Reusser

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Ask, and ye shall receive - Marine Corps Capt. Kenneth Reusser
    Thanks!
    NO wonder I could not find any info on him, I went into the PH site and was looking for '5', not '4'!

You'd figure someone would walk away after getting shot down the third time.

What a great story and what a brave aviator!

Thanks again!

Thank you.

----<---<--<{(@

I was just thinking about this today - yes it's news when a celebrity dies, but then it's all you hear about for months. When a soldier (or even a fireman or policeman) dies in the line of duty, there's a small article on the 3rd page of the paper. Thanks for this thread, and lots of prayers and thoughts going out to those who risk their lives every day.

28 June 2009
    Sgt. Timothy A. David, 28, of Gladwin, Mich., died June 28 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered earlier in Sadr City, Iraq, when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle. He was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 5th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, Fort Hood, Texas.

29 June 2009
    Sgt. 1st Class Edward C. Kramer, 39, of Wilmington, N.C.
    Sgt. Roger L. Adams Jr., 36, of Jacksonville, N.C.
    Sgt. Juan C. Baldeosingh, 30, of Newport, N.C.
    Spc. Robert L. Bittiker, 39, of Jacksonville, N.C.

died from wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near their vehicle June 29, in Baghdad, Iraq. They were assigned to the 120th Combined Arms Battalion, Wilmington, N.C.

July 4, 2009

The Department of Defense announced today the death of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom. They died July 4 at Combat Outpost Zerok, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked the outpost using small arms and indirect fires. They were assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 509th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division, Fort Richardson, Alaska.

Killed were:

Pfc. Justin A. Casillas, 19, of Dunnigan, Calif.

Pfc. Aaron E. Fairbairn, 20, of Aberdeen, Wash.

From July 2, 2009

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Lance Cpl. Charles S. Sharp, 20, of Adairsville, Ga., died July 2 while supporting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

From July 6, 2009

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a sailor who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Petty Officer Second Class Tony Michael Randolph, 22, of Henryetta, Okla. died July 6 in an improvised explosive device attack on his convoy in northern Afghanistan. Randolph was assigned as an individual augmentee to Combined Security Transition Command - Afghanistan.

This is so sad, I just cry when I hear about these men, and women dying over there in this stupid war. Some of them are so young. I will keep all our soldiers in my prayers.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

ECUADOR

8 January 2010

Pvt. Christian Javier Quishpe Aguirre, 24.
    Grupo Logístico de Montaña número 1 (1st Mountain Logistical Group)
    Died of wounds sustained when he was struck by a vehicle at a support base in Herat, Afghanistan, on January 8, 2010

DENMARK

8 January 2010

Pvt. Simon S. Hoffmann, 23.
    2. Lette Opklaringseskadron, Opklaringsbataljonen, Gardehusarregimentet (2nd Facilitate Solution Squadron, Solution Battalion, Guard Hussar Regiment)

Killed when his vehicle struck a roadside bomb near Forward Operating Base Armadillo in Nahri Sarraj district, Helmand province, Afghanistan, on January 8, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR View Post
    I was just thinking about this today - yes it's news when a celebrity dies, but then it's all you hear about for months. When a soldier (or even a fireman or policeman) dies in the line of duty, there's a small article on the 3rd page of the paper. Thanks for this thread, and lots of prayers and thoughts going out to those who risk their lives every day.
    I thoroughly agree with the above.
    Since this is the Doghouse, I trust no one will freak out upon reading this joke:
    Q. What is the difference between Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson?
    A. About six hours.

Why people worship celebrities is inconceivable to me.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

London, England (AHN) - The world's oldest man and one of the last surviving World War I servicemen, Henry Allingham has passed away at the age of 113. Born in 1896, Allingham became the world's oldest man in June.

Allingham who served with the Royal Naval Air Service in WWI, transferred to the Royal Air Force when it was created. Queen Elizabeth in a statement once said he was "one of the generation who sacrificed so much for us all."

--------------

I loved his quote about his longevity.

Cigarettes, booze and wild, wild women.

God bless you, Mr. Allingham.

July 19, 2009

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Lance Cpl. Brandon T. Lara, 20, of New Braunfels, Texas, died July 19 while supporting combat operations in Anbar province, Iraq. He was assigned to 3rd Battalion, 4th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif.