Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: job eliminated today

job eliminated today

I have spent the afternoon crying as I found out today that my position has been eliminated, effective July 10. I have no idea how I am going to survive... I have no extra money. We were all told that hours would be cut, but I had no idea whole positions would be eliminated. I am in shock. I did put out some resumes today, and a has a couple of other possibilities for me. I was not making what I should, and I know there are other better paying positions out there.... it's just such an awful time to be looking for something.::: sigh:::

I feel so alone and the tears won't stop falling.
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Don't worry, I am sure that you will find a job, probably one better than the one you was previously at .
    *hugs* (that is the first time I have ever posted that on here... wow)

I am so sorry, there are still jobs out there my 18 year old landed a pretty decent job right out of high school, don't give up.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Oh honey, I am so sorry. I can totally relate since my husband has been job hunting for a while. It seems terrifying, even impossible, to find a new job, but one is out there!

In the meantime, I'm assuming you can collect unemployment. My mom was laid off earlier this spring and is going back to school in order to gain new skills for a new job. She's in her 50's and finally going to college like she always wanted to.... for free, thanks to the President's new plans. Perhaps you can look into it too.

DO NOT GIVE UP.
    It always gets the darkest before the sun rises.

No one has said the sun won't rise.

Thing are going to work out!

Once you're over the shock and the dust settles, you'll figure out what to do and opportunities will present themselves. In the meantime, we'll send up prayers that you'll find the perfect job for you. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Thank you all for your kind words. I have now put out 6 resumes... and I found a couple more sites to look into. I have sent emails to all my contacts to let them know I am looking. I have to be careful, because I am not wanting my folks to get wind of this. Dad is scheduled for surgery Friday and I don't want this to interfere with his recovery.

I think the worst thing is that my boss is also my friend. She was my friend before she became my boss... and we had worked hard to keep work separate from friendship. She told me all of this over the phone ( I was at a workshop and insisted she tell me, so she did) but she has not called me since! I am so disappointed in that. And I am certain she knew this was going to happen at least 2 weeks ago. She had promised all of us that she would keep us all updated as to what was happening, but she didn't. The last all of us knew, our hours were going to be cut. We were all gearing up for that, but now no one has to worry about cut hours... except me! I think she did me wrong, and it makes it worse that she hasn't called me to see how I am doing. Makes me question who I can trust anymore.

Please keep those prayers coming my way! I need them now more than ever!

And Reggie... I feel honored that I was the first recipient of your cyber hugs! THANKS! You made me smile through the tears.
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

HUGS HUGS HUGS

To put a spin on an old saying:

When God closes one door, He opens another - but it's hell in the hallway!

Prayers for a wonderful new position that you totally LOVE.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

hugs!!!!
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Well, she just called and admitted that she knew it was a possibility, and that she was chicken to tell me. This is classic her.... anything to avoid conflict. She told me I can have until July 10 off with pay if I want it. I told her I won't be in tomorrow, but that I would be in to get some things, maybe Friday and that I would let her know if I would finish any of the projects I am working on. At this point, I don't know. My heart says yes, because I DO believe in the agency, but the ^$*^ in me says, why should I do them any favors? I told her I would sleep on it... who am I kidding, I am not gonna get any sleep tonight!

Keep those prayers coming! Thanks for the support!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

I am so sorry this has happened to you, it must be very upsetting and scarey, i do hope this black cloud has a silver lining for you and something better will come along, just know we are thinking of you at this tough time in your life and remember the magic of PT prayers,hang on in there, and take time out to relax a little before you go job hunting, the very best of luck to you.HUGS and
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I'm so sorry to hear this. Things will get better. Lots of prayers, positive thoughts, and cyber hugs are being sent your way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I'm so sorry, and I know what a shock it must be, but you're doing the right things.... using your network, searching the job sites, sending out resume's. Something WILL turn up!

At least you had a chat with your boss, even though she was a chicken about the whole thing. Try to get a good letter of recommendation from her.

Best of luck!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I'm so sorry. It's a terrible feeling. Sorry if this was already mentioned, but, can you collect unemployment until you find something? Best of luck in finding a great job soon.

I have always believed that everything happens for a reason. You may find this a blessing in disguise. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Hi Donna - so sorry for the bad news. I was let go from my job a couple of years ago so I understand how scary things can be.

Take a deep breath -
    Now - here are some ideas.

Continue to be nice to your present employer - get a glowing letter of recomendation before you leave.

Apply for unemployment as soon as you are allowed to.

Make a plan for your money now. Pay for the roof over your head, utilites, and food - if you have credit card debt make that a lower priority (its better to have angry creditors than it is to be living out in the street!)

Have two job hunting strategies - the great job that you hope to get, and the job that will at least be a paycheck until you can get that great job that you deserve. For the paycheck only jobs - dumb down your resume a bit so that you don't sound overqualified. Also, try to get that paycheck only job for nights or weekends to give you more job hunting time for that great job.

and remember, you are a PetTalker - there is an incredible energy here for you to draw upon.

Good luck - we're all pulling for you.

These are not the droids you were looking for