Thread: She's really a "HE"???!!!???

She's really a "HE"???!!!???

My friends adopted a kitten (at 3 months of age, they think) about 2 months ago. Very sweet widdle baby, cuddly, and a super loud purrer! They named the sweetie "Mittens".... white toesies!

Last night, while I was over visiting, Mittens was taking a bath on my friend's lap when my friend suddenly got a startled look on her face! She said there was something "pinkish" sticking out. I looked, found a couple of other parts, and sure enough, Mittens is a "HE"!!!!!

Poor thing, I hope he's not scarred for life since we have been calling him a her for all this time!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

NO PROBLEM We thought Roscoe was a he, she came to us at about 4-5 weeks (eyes were still a little blue) That is why the name. When I took her to the vet at about 8 weeks the vet looked at me very strange and said I though you where bring me a boy. OPP'S So now she is shortened to Roz.
    They don’t care what they are called as long as it is backed by love.
    GILL & Crew;

You have just made my day.. I am laughing my butt off.. sorry just too funny.. I will guess Mittens will be Nippens now right.. Nippens due to those wittle balls will be nipped & gone when he is neutered.. Please we must see a picture..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I have known two male kitties named Mittens - it's a good gender-neutral name!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh wow!!!

Glad that he doesn't have a name that sounds all too female...

Kirsten

I had the opposite happen here. I thought my Specs was female when I got him. It wasn't until I had him vetted that the truth was revealed. He has such long hair that his parts were all covered up!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Some Cats mature more slowly than others , especially Tortie Males and a certain amount of cofusion can occur.
    As PG Wodehouse once wrote you adopt a Cat and call him George , and then one day there are 4 Kittens running about and you realize that your plans have to be changed a bit.
    A BIG MEEEOW to Mittens from US ALL!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Ahh, names don't matter. We've got CathyBogart that has a girl cat named Charlie. And jenn_librarian has a girl cat named Boris. And I know there are more kitties out there that have names that would "normally" be suited for the opposite sex. Who cares as long as they are loved?
    OH, a former co-worker has a boy cat named Zoe!!! LOL
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

when I worked at the vet we had a lady saying her cat's "dash" had turned into "two dots and a dash". They thought it was female until certain other parts started protruding above, LOL

Sister Elizabeth had named a white cat " Heidi." Then a few days later, Sister told me the cat's name was now Nicholas! He sure was " Heiding" a few things!!! I hope you will keep the name " Mittens." It is a great name!

At that young age, it isn't easy to tell. Quite understandable!

The one I never quite understood was the neighbor's guinea pig; they had "Jasmine" for 2 years, couldn't keep "her" any longer and I phoned a friend who has had piggies. She took "Jasmine" home, picked "her" up, and phoned me, piggy still in her arms, lol. "What's WITH those people? I mean, they have KIDS!"

"Jasmine" became Elvis and lived anothe 2.5 years, quite happily I may add.