Thread: Remembering our beloved Billy...

Remembering our beloved Billy...

We lost our much beloved old man Billy, a year ago today (June 16th, 2008) when he went to the Rainbow Bridge. It's hard to believe it's been a year...In some ways it seems (and feels) as though it was just days ago ( I still can't think of him without tearing up), and other times, it seems like it was much longer than a year ago. This anniversary has been much on my mind for weeks now...June has always been a favorite month of mine, as my birthday is in June, but unfortunately in the last several years, we have lost two of our beloved sweeties within about a week of my b-day...We lost our old lady, Fuzz, on June 19th, 2003, and then of course Billy last year. What holes they leave in our lives when they go...Well, it is what it is...Now in addition to my b-day, June is also a month to remember two of our precious kitties, and what wonderful and treasured gifts they were...I can still see both of them, and I can still hear Billy's purr when I listen very carefully to the quiet in the house...How lucky we were to have these wonderful animals in our lives as long as they were here...We love and treasure them always, and will miss them forever.
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

Mahatma Gandhi

Billy and Fuzz are so pleased that you know that they are there with you, and that you can hear thier Purrs of reassuarnce and love.
    And that they are always with you no matter where you go, and if you are dining out , they will gladly share as they know that they are welcome..
    People think that I am crazy as I invite My Angels to dine with me, but thats all right with me as I know they would gladly share thier dinners too.
    And Billy and Fuzz Angels are having a Great Time on the Animal Angel World Tour and want you to know that they have found a place in Paradise where you will all be together again, and never be parted.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

We lost two dear, beloved, cats in the last 18 months. Next month will be a year since our beloved Tomas left us. I still tear up, also. In January of 2008, our precious Kitty was killed by the neighbor's dog (who was taken away for her own demise as she had attacked before). While we have since taken two new furbabies into our home who we love to death, we will never forget Kitty and Tomas. They live in our hearts forever, as your two do.

Unhappy They never really leave us...

do they? Catmandu, it's funny that you mentioned the kitties dining with you, because Billy, although an extremely well-mannered cat, LOVED spaghetti sauce(I have NO idea why), and whenever I made spaghetti, he would hang around the kitchen, looking pathetic, until I gave him a taste! Fuzz LOVED ham, and at Christmas and Easter when I would make baked ham, she would do the same, until I relented and gave her some(though not too much because of the salt)! I love what you said about the Animal Angel World Tour...What a sweet and wonderful thought...Just thinking of them all like that makes me smile...Thanks for the thought...

Katladyd, I am so sorry that you have lost 2 of your sweet babies recently...It is awful. Like you, we have a new addition to our brood since Billy left us...we took in another homeless stray, Rudy, who showed up at Christmas time, and as wonderful as they all are (we have four now), we still miss Billy and Fuzz tremendously. Billy was personally very special to me...Of all the cats I've had over my life, he and I had a very special relationship...I swear that cat could read my mind!Time does help somewhat, but they never really leave our thoughts and they definitely never leave our hearts.
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

Mahatma Gandhi

Judy, I hope the memories of your Billy give you much comfort....SLeep softly dear Billy....

I know what you mean about tearing up when you think of them. Just a couple of weeks ago I started a thread about my RB Puddy and how I teared up because a cat in a back room at my local vet's office sounded just like Puddy when she cried. It's tough, I know, and I'll send up prayers for you that you will receive comfort from your beloved Billy.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Thanks Medusa and kb2yjx...Your thoughts and words are very comforting and thoughtful and I really appreciate them. I find myself wondering how long it will be before I can think of Billy (or Fuzz) without tearing up...Probably never...It is a comfort though to think of them both now as being healthy and well, and happily enjoying the endless warm sunny days at the Rainbow Bridge...

Judy

Mahatma Gandhi

I always pray for My Cat and Porch Angels and the Cats that I tried to save but against who circumstances and fate were against them.
    And I try to order a meat dish for the Carnivore Angels and a vegetable dish for the Herbivores. I love the fcat that they have such fun in the restaurants and are all over any food that the humans leave behind!!
    Waste Not Want Not!!!
    And the Animal Angels are winding up the Germany pary of thier Tour, next month its Provence and the Riviera , and then the Amalfi Coast.

We will some great times,
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS