Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: conversion to digital tv. is everyone ready?

conversion to digital tv. is everyone ready?

Tomorrow is changeover day for digital tv. Does everyone have a converter box or a digital tv? I should be okay as I have a digital tv and two older TVs that are hooked to Comcast.

eh, I've got cable on all but my guest room TV, so I'm good. Actually it is a digital TV come to think of it....

I don't know anyone who is NOT ready. I don't know anyone who still has those old TVs.

I have one TV and it is not digital ready and I dont have a converter box, Ive been using my computer as my TV. I do need to get a better video card, the one I have clips with the digital broadcasts.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

We're ready.. both tv's are digital and on top of that we pay for Dish satellite.. =)

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!

We've had DirecTV for awhile now, so we're good to go!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Our main TV is digital. We have it hooked up to a computer (acting as a DVR and for hulu and such) and a digital antenna so we're ready.

We have another TV that's not ready, but we never use it for live TV anyway. We only ever use it for watching DVDs and playing older video games.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

We have an older TV, but we have Direct TV, so we are okay.

Yup, I'm all set.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Yup I am good with Digital Converter Box thur my Internet Cable Company Suddenlink.. Yup they say as of noon today Tx will be disconnecting Analog..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Been ready...we have DirecTV on 3 (one on each level) TV's and we have a TV we take on long camping trips that I got a converter box for (back when the original turn off was supposed to take place). We also use that one on the deck to watch Ravens games in nice weather.

I have an extra converter box I don't need. I bought it for the TV in the lunch room at work, but the TV is so old I can't use it. Does anyone need one?

I have one of those old TVs! And a converter box and a new antenna, and I've been hooked up for a couple of months now.

This way sucks. When the picture is there, it's gorgeous, much clearer and in better color than the old way. But.. note I said "when" it's there.. The picture starts to break up into little squares or go black and the sound goes off.. It can come back, but then it goes off again.. I have to move the antenna around all over the place, which is just as likely to make things worse as better. If I change the station, of the few that I can get (fewer than with the analog), the new one usually needs another move of the antenna. And of course, none of them stay the same for that station from one time to the next.

I gather that the main problem is I am too far away (40-50 miles?) from the stations, and the metal framework of my apartment building also screens out some parts of the transmissions.

I really don't watch TV.. I just have it on when the news is on while I'm doing other things, so I can pick up on what's going on out there and have some idea of the weather.. That's why it matters much more to me to have the sound than to have a better picture. So it isn't worth my while to spend a lot more money for cable or whatever, besides which I keep hearing that they're raising their rates and what a pain in the a$* Comcast (the monopoly for this area) is to deal with anyway.

Grump, grump, grump...
    Last edited by phesina; 06-12-2009 at 03:56 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

We dont even have cable television, I get all of the viewing pleasure I need from the internet.

For those of you that have horribly old TVs, you can find good new LCD TVs for prices at or under $300. Take a look at this ViewSonic: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16889107062

Oh I hear ya Pat on the cable companys keep going up on monthly rates.. I pay $104.00 a month for Digital TV & High Speed Internet.. It started out one year ago being $86.00 a month special package deal.. Yow right.. Anyways I get real Grumpy when I seen tons of TV commercials from them on how cheap they are.. GRRRR = Our High Monthy Statements are paying for all of that Hot Air of Commercials.. But that is the only cable around here unless you get Dish TV.. I have heard they do the same thing of monthly rates going up..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

DISH network. I'm a TV addict. I have 4 televisions...one in computer room, one in living room, one in my bedroom and my daughter has one in her room.