View Poll Results: does your dog prefer being inside or outside?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 or more dogs-all prefer inside

10 38.46%
  • 1 or more dogs- all prefer outside

4 15.38%
  • multiple dogs - some prefer in, some prefer out

12 46.15%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: inside/outside..which do your DOGS prefere?

inside/outside..which do your DOGS prefere?

ok, skip anything about wheather you thinks dogs should be inside or outside, I really dont care lol. this poll is about what your DOGS prefere!
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

6 of my 7 dogs prefer being inside. but Ladybug is the oddball out, we had to set up a shelter and everything outside for her, because she HATES coming in the house, I actulayy have to go outside take her collar and walk her in the house because she will NOT come inside on her own. she was so miserable when we kept insisting on trying to make her an inside dog, that finally we said fine, and set her up a shelter a water dish, outdoor carpets for her to lay on etc.. Ladybug and I have a comprmise at night..she sleeps inside, but only in the crate or on the couch..she wanted to sleep outside, I wanted her to sleep in my room with everyone else..I gave up and made that comprimise with her when she tried to climb out my window! I also make her come in when the weather is bad, but she sure doesnt like it!. this is what prompted this poll, I am not used to dogs that want to stay outside so badly, I mean Shadow prefered outside too, but nothing anywhere near this extreme! she was just as happy in the house as she was outside.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

I voted multiple because I realy dont think Bluedawg cares. Verde only likes being outside when its not wet or snow.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

It depends on the weather for most of the dogs.

As long as the weather is nice than Ethan will spend all day outside and protest if we bring him in. He will just lay on the deck and soak up the sun. Sometimes we have to bring him in on the days he decides to bark at every little think that moves.

Skylar is pretty much the same, but he is more people-oriented. He wants to be where everyone else is.

Sala hates being outside if she is alone. She will find a way to squeeze under the fence then run straight around to knock on the front door.

I do believe that they all prefer to be inside the majority of the time, though.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Sparky loves being outside, but only on his terms and if the weather is nice. If I let him run loose, then I have to be outside with him, since he likes to wander. If he really insists on staying out, I will put him on a lead, but then he just sits and looks at the door - waiting for me to come turn him loose.

Myndi absolutely hates being outside regardless of the weather. Today it's raining, and I actually had to pick her up and put her little fuzz-butt out to do her business. The quicker she can do what she has to do, and get back in the house, the better she likes it. She's always like that.

They used to have a nice big fenced in play yard (about 12x20) off the deck, with a tree growing right in the middle for lots of shade, and I would put them out there when the weather was nice, just so they could get some fresh air and enjoy all the sights. Ha! - they acted like they were being punished and would sit by the gate until I would open it to let them back in the house.

So the useless play yard fence got torn down - it was a pain to mow the grass around it!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Koko prefers outdoor most of the time. She does not tolerate heat very well so when the temperature gets to the 90's she wants in to huddle over an air conditioning vent.

We have a 800 sq ft covered front porch where she stays most of the time. It is secure so we do not worry about her there even if we go off and leave her on the porch. Even in the summer it is cool there until late in the day because our land is heavy wooded. If we would let her she would be sleeping out there at night. We tried that one night but she was up barking at critters all night so we now make her come in at night. We know its critters at night because she rarely ever barks at people. She is best Buds with all the delivery people.

the punkies freak when inside.. they just wasnt out... even when I´m just taking them in to take them out through the front door ...

the lil bunny... looooooves being inside... although she loves out too she gets to run and jump like a maniac hehe...
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Buster, my chihuahua, LOVES to be outside. He has a little bed on the back porch and we let him stay out there whenever the weather is right. He comes inside if the weather is too hot, too cold, if it raining, or if we're not going to be home. When the weather is just right though, he's usually outside on his bed.

Nacey, my pug, only wants to be outside to go potty, then she wants right back inside.

The other 4 dogs are somewhere between Buster and Nacey. They like to be outside for a little sun and play time when the weather is nice, but then they're ready to come right back inside.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Sasha's almost 15, she likes a wander around while it's pee time outside, otherwise she prefers to be inside where it's warm and cosy.

Chance is almost 10 months, he is a fair weather dog. He'll spend all day outside if the sun is out. When it's snowing, raining or just not nice he's an inside pain in the butt dog! - Like today!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Ours want to be where we are. If you are on the other side of the door, they are waiting at the door for you to open it. When let out to go potty, they come right back to the door rather than being out on their own. They seem to enjoy time indoors and out equally as long as we are with them.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

yes, most of my dogs are like that, but when push comes to shove, they would rather be left inside without us then left outside without us lol. and when its nice out they like to spend more time outside laying in the sun. but Ladybug is just the oddball, I am not at all accustomed to a dog that cant stand being inside. the only time she will come inside on her own is when I have been at work all day, she greets me at the gate and glues herself to my side all the way into the house, but once she has had her supper, she goes right back out and stays out. or for example, when its nice, like right now, I leave my screen door propped open so they can come and go, all but Ladybug stay in the house exept for heading outside from tiome to time for a few minuts. Ladybug spends the entire time outside completly ignoring the open door.
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

On their own, they always hang out inside. They go out the dog door to potty, maybe sniff around a bit, but they are right back in.

Of course if we are outside, they want to be outside.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Oz, Gull and Maddie's preference were whichever place I am.

Now Murpher, when he was younger, loved to go outside at night and wouldn't want to come back inside, cuz all the wonderful critters to bark at, wander around in the middle of the night, dontchaknow. After several nights of chasing him around the backyard at 2am, because he found something to bark at, he got curfew. In his older years, he got to where he wanted to be wherever I was too. Of the 4 though, I think he enjoyed the outside the most. He was easily my bestest hiking dog.

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

My three want to be with us humans. But they really want us to be outside most of the time.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

My chihuahua's Jazmine and Bane like to be inside for most of the day. In the morning they spend an hour or so sunbathing after breakfast and then its inside unless there is something good to bark at.