Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jon and Kate, plus 8 and two more?

Jon and Kate, plus 8 and two more?

Did anyone watch the program last night?

I have watched it on and off and found it to be a train wreck, waiting to happen. I thought about all the promotional considerations and dollars they made from the people/companies that would donate to the family.

I always thought that this would end up as some kind of marital hassle or problem

I was always amazed at how she henpecked his arse. She was darn right nasty with him at times.

So what does everyone think?

=================

I suspected that it was a huge money making effort...I wonder if the bro and SIL are/were a little jealous?

I only have seen little headlines about Jon and Kate. I don't know their story at all, and am wondering who the h*** they are!

Anyone care to enlighten me? Or were they the 'reality family flavour of the month' unleashed on a gullible public with the hope of money flowing in to them?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I only have seen little headlines about Jon and Kate. I don't know their story at all, and am wondering who the h*** they are!

Anyone care to enlighten me? Or were they the 'reality family flavour of the month' unleashed on a gullible public with the hope of money flowing in to them?
    It's a family of 10. the parents, a set of twins and sextuplets.

I grew up in a family of eight, but not anything like THAT. I was curious about how they ran a family. It was obvious after a few viewings. She wears the pants, has a uterus and the 'bits' too!

My daughter and I watch the reruns. I have been reading about Jon's affair and all of their marital problems. We watched the season premiere tonight, it was re-broadcast from last night. It seems like Kate gets more uppity and Jon gets more down to earth. I don't think they are going to make it. If I were him I would not be able to tolerate the way she treats him. My ex-husband actually treated me in a similar way. I didn't really see it until he left me for someone else. Then I looked back and saw how bad it was.

Us Magazine had an article and stories in a couple weeks ago. Apparently Jon was seeing someone else. The brother of the girlfriend was interviewed. He said Jon would come and stay with his sister all weekend. Apparently the walls in the home are paper thin and he could hear everything (even though he did not want to) that went on between them.

Also, there was a story on abcnews.com today. A relative of Jon and Kate, a sister or brother or inlaw was interviewed and said the show was a scam and not true to real life.

I guess you can't always believe what you read though. I feel bad for all of those kids!

When personal and private moments are aired out in public, I have a problem w/it but that's JMO.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I've been watching the show for a while now (several seasons) because I'm fascinated with the life they live. I don't think it's fair to formulate an opinion on Kate or of Jon after reading what's in the magazines or seeing a few episodes of the show.

It takes a really strong woman to run that kind of household. I don't agree that she treats her hubby like crap. She has to be that way (firm and bold) to get things done and to be organized. If she wasn't that way, the kids would walk all over the both of them.

He hasn't exactly jumped into the role of being the MAN in the first place so someone has to do it. Not all men want to be the disciplinarian and the leader.

Some men are passive. John seems passive to me.

When a woman is firm, she's a bitch, when a man is firm he is 'determined'. Put yourself in her shoes... 8 kids. No family support system.

You NEED to have a strong man by your side. Not one who acts like one of the kids.

The grandparents aren't involved because of the reality show. And the only way they could afford to live without being on welfare is by doing the show.

As for the affair rumors... I wouldn't be sure if they are true or not. BUT if he did have an affair, there are no excuses, no matter how he is treated.... HE is the WORM for cheating, not her.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    I've been watching the show for a while now (several seasons) because I'm fascinated with the life they live. I don't think it's fair to formulate an opinion on Kate or of Jon after reading what's in the magazines or seeing a few episodes of the show.

As for the affair rumors... I wouldn't be sure if they are true or not. BUT if he did have an affair, there are no excuses, no matter how he is treated.... HE is the WORM for cheating, not her.

Just my opinion.
    Yes, but she talks down to him. He does not deserve to be treated that way for any reason. The fame has gone to her head.

The affair thing is not just a rumor. He owned it.

I wouldn't be in her situation. I would never have opted for the fertility thing knowing the chance of having multiples. I believe there is a reason for everything and if she couldn't get pregnant by her own means, maybe she wasn't meant to have more children.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I hate shows like this and refuse to watch them, However from all I've been seeing and hearing about these two in the news lately, it appears to me that she's nothing more than a first class biatch. All I've ever seen her do is nag, nag, nag. She appears to be more concerned with her looks, than she is about her family, and the whole thing boils down to the big bucks. I don't know how Jon put up with her this long.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I hate shows like this and refuse to watch them, However from all I've been seeing and hearing about these two in the news lately, it appears to me that she's nothing more than a first class biatch. All I've ever seen her do is nag, nag, nag. She appears to be more concerned with her looks, than she is about her family, and the whole thing boils down to the big bucks. I don't know how Jon put up with her this long.....
    Amen! I watched it in the beginning because they seemed to be a genuine couple dealing with the daily ups and downs of having 8 kids. It has just gotten too much like a soap opera now.

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    The affair thing is not just a rumor. He owned it.
    OH, I didn't know he owned up to it. I saw the premier and he said he didn't cheat on Kate but just put himself in a situation where people may think he could have cheated.

I am not one to watch "reality TV." In fact I think it is not, in fact, real, at least those programs that I have sampled. For some reason, even unknown to me, I began watching this series almost from Day One. I had found Kate to be a very organized person and had a great deal of respect for the way she has handled such a challenge. Over the years I have noticed an increase in the barbs she slings at Jon which, in my opinion, were uncalled for. He does WAY more than most husbands that I know. Yesterday on local TV (their town is about an hour or so outside of Philadelphia) some former co-workers of hers, from the hospital where she used to work, said that she was a perfectionist/tyrant to work with so I guess there is a pattern there.

Honestly, I do think that women (and men) can send their spouse into the arms of someone else by their actions. People who live with put-downs day after day are very vulnerable to a person who makes them feel good. I think that the losers here, as always, are the children. Kate has always said that the only ones who matter are her children. If she believes this, I would hope that she and Jon would seek counseling and try to re-connect with each other. They owe it to their kids who, after all, are at the hub of everything.

since watching the show (once or twice) I have now made the life-altering decicion NOT to have 8 kids. I owe it all to Jon and Kate. Thank you TLC, for reminding us that living with 8 children is hard! .....Jon is kinda cute though

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    OH, I didn't know he owned up to it. I saw the premier and he said he didn't cheat on Kate but just put himself in a situation where people may think he could have cheated.
    I saw him in an interview on t.v. yesterday where he admitted to it. Altho I don't condone his actions, I can understand his wanting to get away from Kate's nastiness toward him.

And the only "reality" show I'll watch is Deadliest Catch. I'm addicted to that darn show. Those crabs I don't mind!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    .....Jon is kinda cute though
    Yes I agree. And all of the kids look like him too!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Honestly, I do think that women (and men) can send their spouse into the arms of someone else by their actions. People who live with put-downs day after day are very vulnerable to a person who makes them feel good. I think that the losers here, as always, are the children. Kate has always said that the only ones who matter are her children. If she believes this, I would hope that she and Jon would seek counseling and try to re-connect with each other. They owe it to their kids who, after all, are at the hub of everything.
    Yes, she kept saying that on the premier show last night..."all I care about are my kids". They are supposed to be a family. She is supposed to care about her husband too! She is pushing him away and I don't really think she cares!!