Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Do I Do Now?

Well....I think we found the way they got out! They dug under the fence. It wasn't a very big place, but big enough if they squeezed! There must have been some kind of animal or something (at least I'm thinking that's what it was). Don't know how we missed it yesterday!
    Anyway...we spent our day off at the store spending $$$$!! We got new stuff for the electric fence & put it around the top & the bottom. And we got a kennel (10x10x6), and we will leave them in there when we are at work (which is normally only a few hours, as long as the weather is ok, if not..they will stay in the house). No more freedom for the girls when we are gone! I feel horrible, but what am I supposed to do?
    The only bad thing is we're not going to put Angus in it. So I'm just wondering how they are going to deal with that. If it's a problem, I guess I'll just leave him in the house. He don't care that's where he is most of the time anyway!
    And lastly...guess who already got into the fence? Who else, Roxey! I feel bad saying this, but it was so funny. It was dark & part of the wire was touching a blade of grass. Well, of course she had to see what it was. Oh was she ever sorry. She couldn't figure out what happened! And when she was trying to get away from it, she touched it again
    So she runs up on the porch, and I don't want her to be afraid to go back out into the yard, so I go out with her. She looks at the wire & I swear...she touched it again Needless to say, she was ready to go in the house!
    Now Huney, she went over to it & came within hairs of touching it, & it was like she could smell it, she didn't want anything to do with that wire! Good! Maybe now, they'll stay away from the fence!
    Sorry again about the long post, & thanks for everyone's concern You all know how to make me feel better!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

People like you, Anna, and your husband, are the kind I love!! Going to any effort to keep their dogs home where they belong!!! I don't like loose dogs running through my yard. Not only do they leave me "presents", but they upset my dogs terribly!!!! I sure do wish there were more loving, responsible owners like you! Good luck with the new setup. I hope it all works out for you.

Logan

Oh, Anna!

What a relief the dogs are safe! And what a pain you had to spend one of your days off fixing the fence. It does sound like it will keep the girls safe though, and that must bring you peace of mind. {{{hugs!}}}
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Oh Anna that would have scared me too! I'm so glad that Huney and Roxey are safe! I can't even count how many stories I've heard about huskies and getting out. Everyone said, make sure you get a 6 ft fence!! Well the fence around our yard is almost 6 ft, but it's an old wooden fence. Smokey had dug under it plenty of times, so I know it would be all too easy for Nebo. I'm paranoid just letting him roam around out there when I'm home. I never let him stay out long. But he too dearly loves being outside. I could never trust him alone in the house (my parents wouldnt' allow it anyway). He has a large crate that he sleeps in, but I feel bad leaving him in that for long periods of time. He has 10x14x6 ft dog run. We found it used in the paper. My dad also built a roof on it. There's some wood running across the middle of it (to get height) and then wire all over the top, and a tarp over that. It is slanted on either side, so it can handle the snow. We just had a tarp there before, and it was caving in with just rain, so I knew it wouldn't last until winter lol. We don't have anything to stop him from digging out yet, though. So far he hasn't tried, but I know I should put something there just to be better safe then sorry. I'm not quite sure what to put there though.

It sounds like Roxey and Huney have already experienced the electric fence enough to leave it alone! Poor pups, lol.......but I think it's better to have alittle bit of a shock then be running loose. I'm sure they will be a bit jealous of Angus at first, but hopefully they will get used to it. They'll probably just be glad to be able to be outside!