Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Boy left for home. :(

The Boy left for home. :(

I go through this every time. The Boy leaves and I cry. The house just feels so empty now. I do have my Fur Posse, thankfully, but I need my boy. Guess I'll just have to hold onto the fact that he'll be back in September this year. It's usually so long between visits but this year is a little different.

Here are a few pix of us at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The pix that I wanted you to see are too large so I have to figure out how to reduce them in size. I took one of him pointing at his pic at the WMMS display there. No picture taking was allowed but I just couldn't pass that one up. Once I figure it out, I'll post it. There was also a video of the various on air personalities when he was at WMMS and he was on the video but, obviously, I can't post that. Made his mom proud. He always has, though.

Anyhow, another week just flew by. I'm having a couple of girlfriends over today so that should help w/the sadness.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Me and Glenn at the Rock and Roll HOF.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	939.6 KB 
ID:	42619   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Me and Glenn on his 42nd birthday at Flemings.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	42620   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mom in front of Rock Hall.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	42621   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glenn's pic at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	42622   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glenn in front of Rock Hall and Browns Stadium.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	42623  

Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

It looks like you had a fun week together. Your son is very handsome. I'm sorry it's never long enough.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Great pics, Mary. It looks like you were having a great time. Let me guess - never a dull moment with Glenn around???? He looks like he's probably non stop fun and action.
    Take heart - September will be here before you know it!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

looks of you two had a great time with the visit.. great pics thanks

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

He always makes me laugh. After this brutal winter of staying indoors a lot, I needed to let loose a little. Plus he helped me so much w/chores. He got up on the roof and washed my second story windows because the ones in this house don't pull forward. He also weeded my entire property, edged my beds and turned my mulch, so I don't have to buy mulch this year. He cleaned my garage, too. Jeez, I sound like a slave driver. All of you who are fortunate enough to have your adult kids living close to home, give them an extra long hug for me. I envy you so much.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Glad you had lots of fun together. What a great and good looking guy he is, and helpful too! No wonder you miss him when he's not around, but you have September to look forward to.

How's the planning of the trip to UK going?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    How's the planning of the trip to UK going?
    We talked about it a little when he was home. My friend who lives in Essex calls me regularly and she told me that she's going to take the entire two weeks off when we're over there. She said that we're only an hour by train from Paris and we can get a flight to the Greek Islands for $90, so we definitely have added those two places to our itinerary. I dipped a little into my England fund, though, so I have to stop doing that. I don't plan on going crazy over there but I do want to be able to afford to do some things that I may not get another chance to do again. I'm excited to see my friend, too. She had the same type of cancer that Farrah Fawcett has and she's already had a recurrence but right now she's doing well, even ran a marathon. I haven't seen her since '97 so it's going to be a fun trip.
    Blessings,
    Mary

You guys sure picked a great weekend in Cleveland - Beautiful day! My boyfriend & I were there on Saturday for the Rib Cookoff fest! We still yet have to visit the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - he's never been... but I have once, a long time ago. I'd like to go again.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Quote Originally Posted by CountryWolf07 View Post
    You guys sure picked a great weekend in Cleveland - Beautiful day! My boyfriend & I were there on Saturday for the Rib Cookoff fest! We still yet have to visit the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - he's never been... but I have once, a long time ago. I'd like to go again.
    He asked me if the Rib Cookoff was still happening and I didn't know. It's been a long time since I attended. The first time I went I saw the reggae band First Light and the lead singer Carlos and I have kept in touch all these years, probably 25 years now and he's still playing. I used to love going to the Rib Cookoff!
    Blessings,
    Mary

Great pictures, Mary. It looks like you two had a blast. He is so good looking too. You look fantastic and both of you look so happy.

I can feel your pain, believe me. The empty nest thing is no fun. I still have my son close by so I'll give him a hug today for you, and me, of course. I am still missing my daughter like crazy. I hope to see her soon.

Have fun with your girlfriends today and September is really right around the corner. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    September is really right around the corner. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}
    On the one hand, I'm looking forward to it because I'll get to see The Boy. On the other hand, I know that once September gets here, winter is just around the corner. Ugh. But it's a beautiful day today and I'm trying to stay positive. I just miss that kid so much and it's good to know that others know how I feel. Thanx for the hugs. My friends' kids are all close by and they just can't relate.
    Blessings,
    Mary

What a good looking fella he is!

Sorry mom but your son is HOT. hehe it always cracks me up to see your thread about "the boy" because thats what I call bubba.

I'm glad you had a good visit.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Looks like a lovely visit.

I haven't seen my Mom in over a year. We are seperated by 2000 miles or so.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

What nice pictures from a wonderful visit!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery