Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Beloved Dean's small head...

My Beloved Dean's small head...

I just had a quick question... My cat Dean has a very small head compared to his body mass, I was curious why this might be?

I did adopt him from my local humane society, and I have heard rumors when neutered when very young (he was neutered prior to adoption around 3 months) that their heads remain small, any truth to this, or just myth?

Thanks.

I am not sure about that, but I do know that if Male Cats are intact , that thier hedas will grow larger , probably aiding in making them seem larger to thier enemies!!!
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Mmm I am not sure if there is any truths to that.. However I dont like cats to be spayed or neuterd before 6 months of age.. Hey if you post pics then we can see this Cutie Pie..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

LOL! I haven't ever heard that one but I agree with lvpets2002, let us see pictures and see that cutie pie!! How old is he? Maybe he just isn't done growing.. My Chester had the biggest ears and paws you ever saw on a kitten when I got him but he eventually grew into them.. Mybe his head just isn't done growing?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Have you asked your vet about this? That would seem to be your most reliable source of information.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

my Havoc had a smallish looking head when I adopted him in February @ 9months old. He's just about over that gangly, lanky, stage now and everything seems proportionate.

So much of a cat is fur that Dean may simply have shorter fur on his head than on the rest of him.

Or maybe he's just been going to a psychiatrist to help him get rid of that nagging feeling that he's supposed to be running an academic department?

Love, Columbine

A relatively large head is a normal secondary sex characteristic in intact tomcats.
    It it true that this characteristic will not develop if cats are neutered prior to puberty, which I believe would be the case at 3 months of age.

Post pictures of your cutie if you can! We pictures.

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

From my own experience, my Sky was neutered later in life and he has a very large broad head. My cat Starr was neutered at around 5 months and he has always had a very small head but it went with his small frame. Now Starr's head looks way out of proportion because he's gained a lot of weight due to the pred that he has to have for the rest of his life. His feet are also very small and they don't go with his huge body at all.

My RB Pepper was neutered before I adopted him at 9 weeks of age but his head was normal. He grew into a large stocky cat and his head was always in proportion to his body.

Do you have any pictures of your boy?

JennandDean,

Don't feel bad. MooShoo, my Sphynx has a huge body and small head. People comment all the time about it. I think it's genetics that makes him that way. I love every single inch of his nekkid body.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thanks for all the responses... I do love his little shunken head. Haha. Like off of beetle juice.

I do have many pics of him, although I do most of my reading/posting of threads here at work. Shhhh... Don't tell. I must log on at home and post some pictures of the Blonde Prince.

By the way, Dean is about 3 years old (and still growing especially around the midsection... Just like me).

I promise pictures!!!

Oh I just know Your Prince is Adorable.. Cant wait for pics of him.. Ok we wont tell that you & I are at work..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn&Dean View Post
    I do most of my reading/posting of threads here at work. Shhhh... Don't tell.
    Never worry, your secret is safe with your PT friends! I try to get to my office a bit early every morning so I can start work off with the Cat of the Day. The COTD is almost always shared with my co-workers who are also owned by wonderful kitties.

Could I ask you to deliver a generous round of lovies to your resident sweetie special from me?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Oh yes... He was especially lovey dovey today... He must have known some of those were coming from you.

I even gave him treats this morning!!! He got the special treatment, I'll make sure he knows they are from you.

PS... Still working on pics, we had a photoshoot last night, I went to my computer to upload and... faulty USB. One problem after another.

And... In the office again today. ARG.

My Joey has a small head in porportion to his body. He's built like a pear! I know he wasn't neutered until he was at least 2, so I'd say that was a myth.