Thread: what kind is it?

what kind is it?

i was going to work one morning(i live in the country,away from road traffic)and from the feild i here meowing, so i called here kitty,kitty and here comes this beautiful white/black cat with the MOST beautiful big green eyes . it looks like her eyes are lined in black eye-liner like cleopatra so i named her cleo. it looked like her tail had been broken, it was not as long as most cat tails. well she had kittens, and low and behold 1-had little bob tail like a bob-cat 1-had 1/2 tail with little q-at end(her name is Q,ha,ha!) and other 2 had normal tails. i thought ok, maybe just a fluke, right? wrong! they both had litters and i have 3-with no-tails,just little bunps, and rest are normal. manx in blood-line maybe? i already have good homes for them except my 3-bobs. cant part with them, as they are beautiful and very diffrent with there little bumps/tails. any help would be greatly appreciated. i will post pics of them tomorrow, so maybe it will help!

Quote Originally Posted by siouxzie42 View Post
    i was going to work one morning(i live in the country,away from road traffic)and from the feild i here meowing, so i called here kitty,kitty and here comes this beautiful white/black cat with the MOST beautiful big green eyes . it looks like her eyes are lined in black eye-liner like cleopatra so i named her cleo. it looked like her tail had been broken, it was not as long as most cat tails. well she had kittens, and low and behold 1-had little bob tail like a bob-cat 1-had 1/2 tail with little q-at end(her name is Q,ha,ha!) and other 2 had normal tails. i thought ok, maybe just a fluke, right? wrong! they both had litters and i have 3-with no-tails,just little bunps, and rest are normal. manx in blood-line maybe? i already have good homes for them except my 3-bobs. cant part with them, as they are beautiful and very diffrent with there little bumps/tails. any help would be greatly appreciated. i will post pics of them tomorrow, so maybe it will help!
    I would have to say that they have Manx in them you can find the history about the Manx cat online it gives very good insight and shows pictures of all the different tail lengths they can have. You can also google Manx cat and read the article on the wikipedia website they also have pictures of Manxes on it. Manx cats comes in many differet colors and when you read about them you will see that two Manxes can not be bred together because their young won't servive due to the mutated tail gene, that's why a tailless (Manx) also has to be bred to a full tailed cat.

EveryWhere But Now Austell, Georgia is home.

Manx.

I would say they definately have Manx Blood, My little Black and White is adorable. By the way the little bump where the tail should be makes it a Rumpy, they are catagorized as either Rumpy No Tail, Stumpy speaks for it self, or Hock length again self explanitory. I share your love for the originator of the Cabbit Myth (The Manx!). Nearly forgot, Manx can be bred to Manx you just have to be sure that NST (Natural Short Tails) are not bred together. That is how the species came to survive on the Isle.
    Last edited by DarntheCat; 08-05-2009 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention.

My brother has a cat with a "q" twisted tail. The vet said it was a deformity. Now I am wondering is it not a deformity?

EveryWhere But Now Austell, Georgia is home.

Happy Labs.

It is a Genetic deformity, but do not think of it as a negative. Without "genetic deformities" we would have no polydactile cats, nor would we have Curled eared cats, or my love of loves Bobtails! Try not to see it as a negative but just something different. Remeber, the things that make us different are the things that make us Love. If everything were the same we would feel the same about everything.